1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fight breaks out @ journalism awards ceremony

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Sure hope they don't like Budweiser. That'd be wrong.

2. statrat

statrat Member

Nope, they're not big fan's of Bud either, it kind of varies on the region of the country, but Carlton and Toohey's seem to be near the top of the list.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Just like us Canucks can't believe how the Americans go nuts for shit like Moosehead and Molson Golden.

As for beer from Down Under, I'm a Swan guy myself.

4. Ensign Pulver

Ensign Pulver Member

Drank me many a VB (Victoria Bitter) down there during the Summer Olympics. (First bartender I met told me only tourists drank Fosters.) Good stuff.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

FWIW, A.A. Milne, were he alive, could kick Kenny Mayne's ass. Kenny'd get lost in the hundred acre wood and end up begging for mercy. Just sayin'

6. When I saw the thread title, I thought Bob Yates was involved.

7. This would be the kind of thing that would allow me to give a damn about the APSE's.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Now with video! There's even a Foster's joke:

9. statrat

statrat Member

I gotta say, I love the direction this thread has taken...a discussion on the merits of australian beer and a hypothetical ass kicking of Kenny Mayne by A.A Milne. Fantastic! Now I'm going to check out that video. :)

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The best business news report award will forever be tarnished in Australia, I am sad to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted