1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Felix Hernandez: Hall of Famer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If he gets hit by a bus tonight:

125-92, 3.08, 2 CYs, 5 All-Stars, 2,060 IP, 1,951 SO

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think so. He has put together three great seasons and six damn good ones, but I don't think he is there yet. Hernandez is only 28 years old and he just finished his ninth full season in the majors, which was his best. He can certainly get there, but I think he needs to do a little more to build his case.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always enjoy Baseball Reference - his comps have some HOFers (Catfish Hunter, Don Sutton, Greg Maddux) and also some just okay pitchers who couldn't sustain. Looks like he'll need at least another seven years at this level (or close to it) to get there.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

See also: "Tim Lincecum: Hall of Famer?"

5. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

And -- I hate to say -- Justin Verlander, Hall of Famer? (Though I'm hopeful he'll ultimately return to form and have a few more good seasons that put him over the top)

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He's already the best pitcher in baseball. Tough to build on that.

7. outofplace

Apparently, one of the many gaps in your baseball knowledge is named Clayton Kershaw. I'm a big Felix Hernandez fan. He is a fantastic pitcher who only seems to be getting better despite some drop in velocity in recent years. But Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball right now.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

I don't agree. If I thought Kershaw was better than Hernandez I would have said so, dufus.

9. outofplace

As I said, it is a gap in your baseball knowledge. Please spare us the name calling and stalk somebody else for a bit.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

I wouldn't stalk you if you were the last user on the Internet.
    You're the one following me around, asshole.
    I hear more from you than I do my wife.

11. outofplace

Keep lying, fart boy. Nobody believes it. You responded to my post with a claim that was clearly wrong. I'm sorry if you don't like it when I correct you, but you should do a better job with your posts.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

Who thinks it's time for this guy to be banned?
    Because in 15 years on message forums I've never seen a bigger case of someone who needs to be shown the door, for the good of the community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.