1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feherty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Anyone watched this on The Golf Channel yet?

Good Lord, he is hysterical.

Gets some really good guests too.

Lee Trevino
    Johnny Miller
    Don Cheadle
    Charles Barkley
    Rory McIlroy
    Ian Poulter

Favorite so far has been the Tom Watson piece. Very very cool.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Have watched every episode except Poulter. Very good show. As somebody whose family comes from Northern Ireland, the people there are very funny. (Hell, they have to be given what went on in the '70s and '80s) I agree Watson was the best show. I'm not surprised it's so good. Feherty's column in whatever golf magazine he writes for is very good. I remember him telling the story about the night he called McCord on the road as McCord was getting ready for bed. He asked if he could come down to McCord's room for a while and when McCord asked why, he said "The mini-bar is talking to me."

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Feherty has battled the bottle for a long time. There's a story behind the bike that appears in his episodes, and I can't remember what the hell it is, though......

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Feherty is great, though I hope Golf Channel doesn't ride him to the point of exhaustion (well, they probably will, because Golf Channel doesn't have much personality in the stable). Would love to have a beer soda with him.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode and saw nothing there that made me want to watch another.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Show is great and so is he. Funny stuff.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If you can believe it, Feherty was even funnier when he was drinking. I listened to a few of his stories at media centers, clubhouse bars, etc. He had everyone laughing so hard with stories about his former caddie, Rodney, that the next day we all felt like we had pulled stomach muscles.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I remember him tell another story about a visit to his doctor's office. Doc: "How much do you drink per day." Feherty: "About a bottle and a half." Doc: "Of wine." Feherty: "No. Of whiskey." And I believe he said on one of the early shows he was drinking THREE bottles a day when he finally. That's serious shit.

9. LeCranke

LeCranke Member

http://www.bicycling.com/news/advocacy/ride-david-feherty

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Interesting read. I wondered why he didn't still play competitively. Injuries.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Posted this on facebook the other day: Feherty was on with Craig Ferguson. It was asbsolutely sublime.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've watched each one so far, although I still have the Poulter interview waiting on DVR.

I think Feherty's just a delightful character, so totally likeable.

Draft saved Draft deleted