1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feel free to offer some solutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Nov 8, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

OK, the dust is settling.

So let's hear what should happen in the next two years.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just spitballing here ... come up with a viable exit strategy for Iraq, take away Bush's blank checkbook, use their subpoena powers to investigate corporate profiteering by friends of the administration, try to fill some of the open federal court positions, etc.

3. What is a viable exit strategy, GD? (Seriously.)

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

So what would a viable exit strategy for Iraq be?

EDIT: Repetitive.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm not an elected member of the House of Representatives, so I'm not one to ask on that one.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Get the budget balanced. If that means higher taxes (as long as spending is reigned in), than so be it.

Get an exit strategy in place for Iraq. Set goals for the Iraqi government to meet in terms of security and set troup withdrawals on that (if this is viable. I'm not a military person though).

Force Bush (by way of not approving nominees) to appoint qualified nominees to high positions. They don't need to be Dems, but people like Brownie need to be kept out of important positions.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Get the hell out posthaste and let them all kill each other. That's gonna happen anyway; I'm just sick of us being part of the "each other." This joint should have been partitioned into three independent states long ago.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Echoing what pretty much every Dem said on TV tonight: see what the Baker-Hamilton commission says, go from there

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Reinstitute sufficient funding, anything other than federal scorn, for the arts and sciences. That's just one part of the long laundry list.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

We're about to see two of the most useless and counterproductive years in political history, and that's saying something. I have absolutely no faith that anything of consequence wll get done, domestically or internationally.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Phase out -- that's the only viable exit strategy. It gets us the hell out of there and we can still make it appear as if this was our plan. We start turning over control to the Iraqis and we start packing our shit.

I've said before that I hate the thought of leaving that place so screwed up. But dammit, what can you do? I honestly couldn't look another man in the eye and ask him to die because our president, in his efforts to get himself re-elected, screwed up another country.

After we leave and civil war breaks out, we do what we always do: Pick a lesser evil and arm them.

After Iraq, do all of what GD said and get rid of some of the dumbass Homeland Security acts.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Hopefully there can be some action on an issue or two without waiting for a commission report.

And I could live with some Homeland Security changes.

Draft saved Draft deleted