1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear Itself (NBC)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 26, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone been catching this horror/suspense anthology series over the past few weeks? It's a modern (and bloodier) version of The Twilight Zone. No classic Zone-sized shocks yet, but some pretty neat twists and a pretty good show overall, especially for summer fare.

Alas, the ratings seem to be in the toilet (in the 4s and falling, I think) and there's next to no promotion, cause, well, it's NBC. But the show has some pretty good cache--John Landis, who directed tonight's episode, is one of several big names involved with the show--and you'd think a stand-alone anthology would be embraced by a network b/c it would sell well on DVD and viewers won't feel hopelessly behind if they miss an episode. But what do I know?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it. When is it on?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The last two, including tonight's, have been the best yet. Such a trip to see Maggie Lawson and James Roday from Psych playing a bride and groom in a horror setting. I figured out the twist pretty early though. Last week's had a great ending twist. I also like that they filmed all the episodes in Edmonton during the winter giving the show a different look.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I may in fact be full of fail on this, but help me out: Is she the killer? Or is her brother the killer? Or do they kill together? He's the one who walked into his apartment--or their apartment--with what looked like an animal carcass.

My guess is they kill together. But still, why did she get so crazy when she got the note?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I saw the first one, which featured Rachel Miner, who was naked a lot in "Bully," which starred ... wait for it ... Brad Renfro! Where is he these days?

Anyway, it was pretty good. But I wouldn't even begin to know when it's on, and it wasn't good enough for me to set a Tivo season pass right away.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I remember seeing ads for it and thinking it would turn out to be a sanitized competitor to Showtime's "Masters of Horror" series.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured she was the killer since she said the note was sent to the wrong person and it was her brother (dressed up like a woman) who gave the note to the minister. I figured the bride did it when she mentioned that so many of her boyfriends just "disappeared."

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

When she said that, I figured her brother was the serial killer and that he offed the guys to keep his sister close to him. I really thought that when the brother came home with the animal carcass. Maybe they did it together (ewwww) and the brother was mad that she, you know, actually loved this guy and wasn't going to kill him?

I really enjoy that show. Hopefully NBC shows the entire run...no reason not to, since it's the dead (get it?) of summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted