1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FCS Playoffs: Road to Chattanooga

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Highway 101, Nov 22, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's Griz, dammit!

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh, and fuck. I really do want to see Hauck fired, and if he wins no way in hell that happens.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Isn't this the last year Chatty hosts the finals?
    Seems like I recall it was going to move, but I don't remember where.
    Any help?

4. NCScrub

NCScrub Member

I'll be in Montana in two weeks and was rooting like crazy to get to possibly see a game. Watched the second half online, and it was amazing. Down 48-21, 40 unanswered in final 20:30 of the game.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Two weeks could be Richmond at Montana if seeds hold. UR gets Appy at home next week.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

The finalists to host the game, starting in 2010, are Chattanooga and Frisco, Texas. I'm not sure who the favorite is at this point. Frisco has deeper pockets, but the game is an event in Chattanooga.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Wow, lose one game and you have to do Elon-App St.-@Montana to get to the title game. That's some tough sledding.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Better than losing two and not even getting an invite, right? :D :D :D

9. Mystery Meat II

Tell me about it! We had one of the hottest teams in I-AA and we got shafted! We were so awesome that Northeastern gave up on football before we could join the CAA!

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That Monmouth game fucked you, dude.

11. Mystery Meat II

Probably, and our SOS was a smidge below average, but we beat VMI by more points than Army did, and they could still get into a bowl game. That should hold some weight, you'd like to think.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To answer two thoughts in this thread:

* Yes, ODU was eligible, but the Monarchs played a pillow-soft schedule, so even if they had won out, their best win would have been against Monmouth. So, uh, no. (And no, Meat, I know you weren't arguing seriously for their inclusion).

* And Central Connecticut State lost to the same Wagner team that lost to Division III Stonehill. So, uh, no.

Draft saved Draft deleted