1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FCS Playoffs: Hello, Frisco!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Dec 10, 2010.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Villanova sticking it to App State in the first half, lead 28-10 late in the 2nd.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

'Nova wins, 42-24. Sadly there is no on-line streaming link to the Eastern Washington game.

I want my red turf!!!

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you have ESPN GamePlan you can find the Eastern-NDSU game on channel 789 on DirecTV.

And holy shit is that turf bad.

Georgia Southern-Wofford is on 788.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

No dish is allowed at my apt., and Qwest doesn't carry ESPN3. JustinTV and Channelsurfing are my only friends today. Right now, I'm watching the Shepard/Delta St. D2 semis. They had a weather delay for 40 mins due to rain and lightning. The DSU field look like Minnesota...a field of 10,000 lakes.

I can't wait for the NW Missouri St. vs. Minn-Duluth showdown in frigid Duluth in an hour. Griggs Field might look like a frozen pond.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Thanks, man for the tip.
    This game is pretty cool-looking.
    I covered DSU for two years when I worked at Delta Democrat Times in Greenville, Mississippi
    1997-99.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The CAA dominates. As usual.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I've been watching on Channel Surfing, but there's only so much of the red menace that I can handle. If E. Wash. wins today I'm pretty sure it hosts Villanova next week. Meanwhile, Delaware will host Ga. Southern, which was picked fifth or sixth in the SoCon this season.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Delta State advances to title game, where they won in 2000 under coach Steve Campbell.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

End of three, EWU and ND State tied at 24. And it is snowing with a fierceness.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Blitz, go post on the DII thread. Get that shit out of here. ;)

I'm not sure Villanova would have lost an FCS game if Matt Szczur was healthy all year. And he's probably the the frontrunner for the Payton. Kid is redonkulously good.

11. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Georgia Southern was picked to finish seventh — seventh, I say! — in the SoCon and here they are, back where they belong, ready to rule the FCS world some more.
    Ha ha ha! You fools. You thought we were dead.
    Southern's back, baby. Southern's back. And Jeff Monken is one of the absolutely nicest and best guys in the world.

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

All hail the Fighting Okra!

Draft saved Draft deleted