1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI arrests "several NCAA assistant basketball coaches"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 26, 2017.

  1. Batman

    Batman Well-Known Member

    LSU just can't have nice things, can they?
  2. justgladtobehere

    justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

    What's this trial? The article doesn't describe it beyond "hoops corruption."
  3. Inky_Wretch

    Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

  4. TigerVols

    TigerVols Well-Known Member

  5. Starman

    Starman Well-Known Member

  6. Starman

    Starman Well-Known Member

    I suspect NIKE knows where to get in touch with some very big and very nasty men.
    If I were them, just for fun, when Avenatti started talking about billions of dollars, I'd send a few of them over to do a medium level dance on his face (good enough for a week or two in the ICU), then I'd tweet this to his account:

  7. DanOregon

    DanOregon Well-Known Member

    Does that mean another (sorry) shoe is about to drop since Avenatti has no incentive to stay quiet? Should we infer that if nothing comes out that the clients did indeed get paid?
  8. Starman

    Starman Well-Known Member

    My bet is it's 95% bullshit, and the other 5% nobody gives a fuck about.

    AAU coach gives player $50,000 to go to Swoosh U.

    (Vigorous jacking-off gestures.)
  9. DanOregon

    DanOregon Well-Known Member

    Throwing this kind of grenade only makes a sound during March Madness.
  10. Batman

    Batman Well-Known Member

    I love that they set up a meeting to discuss terms and then had the legal hit squad waiting for him. Kind of like a legal version of the drive in scene from Heat.
    Guy thinks he's slick as hell by setting up an ambush and ends up getting hit twice as hard by a counter-ambush when his marks get the drop on him.

  11. BitterYoungMatador2

    BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

    'cause she's got a.....GRRRREAT ASS!

  12. DanOregon

    DanOregon Well-Known Member

    Legally speaking though - does Nike have to expose the thing Avenatti wants the payoff for? I'm sure there were some interesting conversations on this one - the prosecutor running the Sneaker investigation vs. the one who knows he'll get major points for delivering Avenatti's head to Trump.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page