1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 9 thread: Jeremy (Maclin) spoke in class today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Here's what I have my eye on this week:

--Florida State heads into a trap game at N.C. State. Give it to the Sam Millses.
    --Cincinnati will knock the crap out of Syracuse.
    --I think Kansas State can pull off the upset at home against Oklahoma State, tho the Cowboys need this bad to stay in good position for the division title, and Kansas State has been shredded on defense by offenses the quality of OSU. I just got a feeling Thomas can control the game
    --Kansas will lose by less than 35 to Iowa State, which by a miracle is 2-2 in the Big 12.
    --San Diego State will beat Wyoming by about 14 and keep Missouri's strength of schedule trending upward.
    --Heads. Texas Tech beats Texas A&M
    --I reallly, reallly want Missouri to win at Nebraska. But I think the Huskers' loss to Texas was a fluke that catching a pass or two would have solved. And I think Missouri may have left a lot of their spirit in the Oklahoma game. Nebraska by about 11-14.
    --Michigan State at Iowa. I'll stay awake for this one. Iowa in a rout.
    --I think Texas' defense will be too much for a Baylor team in rarefied air the program is not used to. But I would love to see a Bears win.
    --I think Washington will upset Stanford
    --I think Penn State edges Michigan
    --I pick USC over Oregon. The Trojans can keep up with the Ducks, scoring-wise. We know they can keep up with the Beavers on Nov. 20.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What, no Auburn loss at Ole Miss?

3. dooley_womack1

I wanted to pull the trigger on it, but I just don't see the Rebs stopping Newton, and I don't think Masoli's all that.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

A Pearl Jam song in the thread title, a prediction of UW topping Stanford ...

Must be 'cause Seattle's a football town [/crossthread]

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure Cincinnati knocks the crap out of anyone. Man talk about taking a team and just driving them into the ground this year.

I do think the NC State/FSU matchup is intriguing. But Chuck Amato isn't coaching that team anymore. State has really been shitting the bed the last few weeks.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

OSU's weakness is its pass defense (110th nationally, 286 ypg) -- it must be if even Taylor Martinez, channeling Scott Frost's throwing motion, can light it up for 300-plus yards. Its run defense isn't all that shabby (47th, 137 ypg).

Kendall Hunter runs just as well, if not better, than Thomas. After the Nebraska and Baylor games, I wonder whether Kansas State has the necessary speed on defense to keep up with Hunter, Blackmon and friends. Having to match the Cowboys on the scoreboard is a big ask for that offense.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I, for one, think Ole Miss will win this weekend.
    The Black Bears/Rebs have a good bit of talent and they are well-coached for the most part.
    It will be high-scoring for much of that game, I feel.
    Ole Miss 37, Auburn 28

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey, last week isn't over yet. Boise State plays tonight.

9. dooley_womack1

Actually, as Coco explained in the poll thread, the Boise game is the first one of Week 9.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

FSU-NCST is hardly a "trap game". FSU sucks on Thursday night and a win basically and they control the Atlantic Division.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd love to be wrong, but Iowa and Nebraska will win big.

I'd love to see Oregon upset, but I don't see that happening.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

In many ways, this game is bigger for Mizzou than the Oklahoma game. They could very well lose, but I just can't see them getting blown out.

Draft saved Draft deleted