1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 9 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 20, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I just hope Missouri wins so I can put a pic back in my sidesaddle.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that wagon. Middle Tennessee has hung with some folks on the road (beat Maryland, took Kentucky to the wire). And don't underestimate Mississippi State's level of crappiness. This one may bring back Maine flashbacks for State fans.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Found one for ya...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Spurrier and the SEC cleared this guy of wrongdoing? They said he was trying to get out of the way ... I don't think so. Then why move right at the quarterback and why stick out an elbow?
    I think there are more than a few crooked refs out there (Ohio State-Miami national championship game for instance. I think that guy was on the take. I will always think that guy was on the take. If you watch that play, the Ohio State guy is in front of the Miami guy and just fails to catch the ball. No pass interference at all. This is close to being the worse call I've ever seen besides that one.)

5. dooley_womack1

And every time you'd see that, Slap, you'd know the bunny was talking right to you.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't know if it was the same official, but in that same game one of the refs set an inadvertant pick on an LSU receiver that sprung Carolina's TE open for a touchdown reception. That might be why the HBC took it in stride.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

What? The AP didn't have the Gary Pinkel "Oh shit, not this AGAIN!" face shot from Saturday night?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not me. I'm not the one waiting for Missouri to win again, hell to freeze over or Godot...

9. dooley_womack1

If you wanna bet me that Missouri will lost to Iowa State or Baylor, feel free.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

will lost? You went to Missouri, right?

11. dooley_womack1

Where's IJAG with the all-cap attack?

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

63 what? Points? (If it's that high, Georgia wins)
    Penalty yards for Georgia?
    Decibels at Tiger Stadium?
    Times CBS references LSU's masterful use of two QBs?

Draft saved Draft deleted