1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 5 thread: Paul Hornung? You bet!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 27, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If I'm the center, I'm suing for harassment.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Darnit, dooley, the only reason I clicked was for your Week 5 predictions and all I find is Paul Hornung violating a center...

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, time to cleanse the palate then.

--I think Oklahoma State edges A&M in a game with a possible jump into the rankings at stake.
    --Temple beats Army in perhaps the worst matchup of 3-1 teams in history
    --Clemson beats Miami in a close one.
    --Northwestern will beat Minnesota to become the worst 5-0 team in history
    --Air Force will end Navy's dominance over the service academies
    --Michigan will make Indiana the worst 3-1 team in history
    --In a result that will make those who care about the ACC's rep cry, Virginia Tech will knock off N.C. State
    --OU will cream Texas
    --Wisconsin will edge Michigan State
    --Oregon will edge Stanford
    --Alabama will beat Florida by about 10
    --I'll doze off during Penn State-Iowa

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Wildcats. vs. Gophers. Who-whooo.

Biggest game in Minnesota this week is St. Thomas at St. John's. First time in forever the Tommies are nationally ranked ahead of the Johnnies. But St. John's always beats St. Thomas and it's at SJU. Conference record crowd of 13,000-plus expected.

Thus ends your Division III preview.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Thanks, dooley!

Oregon/Stanford should be a good one.

Definitely interested in Wisco/Mich St. Wisconsin has yet to play up to its ranking, but I'm not sold on Sparty, either. Wins over Directional Michigan, Fla. Atlantic, Notre Dame and N. Colorado don't impress much.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Georgia bails on a scheduled home-and-home with Oregon. Surprise, surprise. The Bulldogs may never leave the Confederacy again.

And please don't tell me this is "mutual" like the press release says. Oregon's gone to Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Michigan State and Iowa, among other places, in the past 10 years or so. It would love to have Georgia in Eugene, and obviously, judging by its history, isn't afraid to travel to play somebody.

Georgia will probably play Georgia State instead. Or Wofford.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think it is about travel, it's more about losing a home game. The big boy schools count on banking $4-6 million a home date in football. If you are in a conference you figure at least six home games, hopefully seven. One home date provides the budget for the golf, crew, track, swimming, soccer and gymnastics programs.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Notre Dame's uniforms were pretty boss in that game.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

What a coincidence. I billed my last sexual encounter as "What It's Like To Go To The Olympics."

Maybe even more of a joke is that I'm interested in how the middle-of-the pack Big East teams fare this weekend. Connecticut hosts Vanderbilt. Rutgers hosts what should be a cupcake in Tulane, but the Scarlet Knights just blew a 10-point lead to UNC and struggled against the powerhouse from the other side of the ocean, FIU. Also, Louisville makes a "huh?" road trip to Arkansas State. If these teams begin to falter, the Big East drops below the ACC in credibility.

I shouldn't really worry about any of that, though. As a Florida fan, I have five more days to pretend the Gators can beat Alabama.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

hasn't iowa-penn st gone down to the final seconds the last 2 or 3 seasons?

would love to see OU pound the Horns, but i'm thinking it will be close. think bama will have an easier time with fla.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . destined to be 6-0 (though the Minny game figures to be a high-scoring
    doozy), and then . . . they've given Sparty fits, over the years.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Pathetic. But a half-century of sordid history doesn't lie.

Draft saved Draft deleted