1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 4 thread: Remembering Jevan Snead, for some reason

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Games I have my eye on:

--Miami at Pittsburgh in a battle for a poll spot between two teams who should be the pride of their conferences, which are subterranean-level down. Pitt in a decent game.
    --Austin Peay at Wisconsin: a 70-point win would not be a surprise. Austin Peay isn't even a scholarship program
    --I think Notre Dame will edge past Stanford
    --I think Temple can finish within 10 points of Penn State
    --Compared with Wisconsin, Ohio State will win over Eastern Michigan in about a 56-point squeaker
    --I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas defeats Alabama. If the Hogs don't win, they'll be blown out. I see a big momentum avalanche one way or the other
    --Nebraska should beat South Dakota State by a mere seven touchdowns.
    --Still not sold on Auburn; I see South Carolina winning.
    --I don't think Boise State will overwhelm Oregon State, but I think the Broncos will win
    --LSU by about 12-13 over West Virginia; Tigers' defense just too tough
    --Either Arizona or Oregon will lose.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Austin Peay restored scholarships a few years ago. And while it will be a rout, I don't think Wisconsin is capable of scoring 70 points under any circumstance.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Stanford has looked so good, I can't imagine it losing. And call me crazy, but I think Temple could actually win. Probably won't happen, but it's not like Penn State has looked all that great in any game this season.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

- Kentucky might be able to capitalize on Florida's offensive breakdowns this weekend, especially with the Gators possibly looking ahead to Alabama.

- Arizona State could hang tight with Oregon for a while, but I think the Ducks have enough speed to match them. ASU is a year or two away from contending for the Pac-10 title, even when Threet leaves.

- I think Boise State will make the most of its chance against the Beavers to prove that the VT win wasn't a soft win.

- A trip to Fayetteville is never easy when the Razorbacks are at least decent. Still, Mark Ingram and Greg McElroy will have little trouble going blow for blow with Arkansas. Alabama wins in an 85+ point game.

- Oklahoma turns the Cincy game into "FSU Beatdown 2: This Time It's Midwestern."

- Oh, and I always remember Jevan Snead. Ole Miss fans will try to channel him while watching Fresno State win in the Rebs' latest embarrassment.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Name the other QB from Jevan Snead's hometown -- who actually stuck in the NFL.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bubbler, is Indiana State's 33-point loss to Cincinnati a sign of progress?

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Was it Kolb?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oregon State has painted its practice field blue to prep for Boise. That is awesome.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

That's a paycheck that really should be going to Nebraska-Omaha. It's too bad it took this long for someone with that kind of ambition to take over as AD.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I like...

Pitt (+3) at home vs. Miami. Typical crazy Thursday game.
    NC State (+8.5) at Georgia Tech. Russell Wilson is legit.
    Alabama (-7.5) at Arkansas, but I'm not convinced.
    Temple (+15) at Penn State, but I'm not convinced.
    Auburn (-2.5) at home vs. S.C., Auburn wins with late FG.
    Boise (-17) at home vs. Oregon State. Easy win here.
    LSU (-8.5) at home vs. WVU. LSU wins by 2 TDs.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Where is he from?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

1. Ding ding.

2. Stephenville, Texas.

Draft saved Draft deleted