1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 3 thread: Honoring Joe Montana and various random place-kickers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 14, 2010.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

As Ragu said, the Badgers SHOULD be able to handle Az. State, but I wouldn't go anywhere near that game with money. The way the Badgers are turning the ball over, they could make any game closer than it should be, or, even, lose.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nice self-portrait

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This game will be about Georgia's defense against Mallett, who is less mobile than Garcia and will throw more because the Razorbacks' best runner is out. Plus, Arky's defense is a giant question mark. I think this game will resemble last year's Ga.-Ga. Tech game; Georgia runs and keeps the ball, minimizing Mallett's impact on the game.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

After seeing ASU play two Big Sky opponents, I think you can put a small amount on Wisconsin. Threet's good for a handful of picks to counter the Badgers' fumbles.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Texas Tech beats Texas.
    Air Force @ Oklahoma will be closer than people think; Would not be surprised to see Air Force win this.
    Houston @ UCLA becomes a dud if Keenum doesn't play; If he does, it could be an entertaining game.
    Wyoming beats Boise.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This is a bit of an intriguing matchup, because we just don't know what to make of either team.

Is KU as bad as they looked against ND State or as good as they looked against Ga. Tech? And Southern can't possibly be as bad as they looked against South Carolina or as good as they were against juco-caliber competition last week (Prairie View).

Bottom line is USM needs to win this one badly. Larry Fedora doesn't have a single signature win in 2-plus seasons as HC and the natives are getting restless.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

albert ... random question, since you seem to be in the know on USM. How bad was Prairie View? Everything I've read was that they had several NFL caliber athletes on defense. I vote in an FCS Top 25 and still had Prairie View hanging around the bottom of the 25 in my latest poll. Were they that bad?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I say Dan Hawkins is out of a job by years end.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Exmediahack, No one is kissing Iowa's ass, nor do Iowa want anyone to do so.

This is a tough game for Iowa. Ferentz said that his team hasn't been challenged and heading out to Tucson will help figure out if Iowa is ready for the Big Ten docket or not.

If there is anything about Ferentz, he's remembers the last time they headed west. The mistakes and the blowout loss at Arizona State is fresh in his mind and his coaching staff are sticklers for going over what went wrong and correcting them, including preparing the team for the time change and the weather.

They are attention-to-detail freaks.

The real test is can Arizona play well, eliminate dumb penalties, and close out an opponent in the likes of Iowa.

This is a toss-up in my book. Both teams need this game as a barometer for their season.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

To be honest, Cosmo, I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure, but those who were say it was pretty bad. Southern scored at will in the first half and completely throttled PV on defense. They played better in the second half, but still... To answer your question, I wouldn't think they're a Top 25 team in FCS.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Um, no. It's Wyoming, mate. They're not even an upper-level Mountain West team. Boise wins by 3, maybe 4, touchdowns.

Draft saved Draft deleted