1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 10 thread: The thrill of the Chase (Daniel)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 1, 2010.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Except this isn't Hatch, this is the AG.

Next season, Utah will be moving into one of the conferences with an automatic bid. But Shurtleff said that isn't deterring him.

"This has never been for me to get the University of Utah bragging rights," he said. If anything, Shurtleff argued, Utah's move gives him more credibility with attorneys general from other states he is seeking to recruit for his anti-BCS crusade.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Must be a BYU grad.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tennessee is a coin flip proposition to go winless in the SEC.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Disagree. You heard it here first: Tennessee is going to win out and go to the Liberty Bowl. There they'll beat the designated C-USA fall guy and somehow walk away from this season with a winning record.

It's the immutable law of SEC fucked-upedness (I know that's not a word, but work with me here). The most fucked-up thing in SEC football that can happen, will happen.

5. dixiehack

Perhaps you have to see the Vols in person to appreciate how truly awful they are. Scalpers in Knoxville were talking about hoping to make a decent profit on the Kentucky game, on the theory that Big Blue Nation will come down in droves to settle a quarter-century plus grudge.

Meanwhile, Va. Tech might want to find a rushing defense.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Blah blah Beamer Ball Blah blah Lunch Pail Blah blah Bud Foster's impressive prison pussy goetee shown 45 times during the game blah blah hey look its a Thursday night ACC game and Tech's kin the throwback jerseys losing. Where've I seen thi.....oooh yeah, every. fucking. year.

7. dixiehack

Al Groh was ACC coach of the year twice? That's the best argument ever for the Mountain West to take over their BCS autobid.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Oh, believe me, DH, I've seen enough of Tennessee on TV to know how miserably bad they are. But look who they have left: Memphis, which might be among the five worst D-1 teams in North America; Ole Miss, which is a train wreck on defense; Vandy, enough said; and UK. And I'll believe the Cats can go into Knoxville and win when I see it with my own two eyes; I don't care how bad Tennessee is, especially if the Vols still have something to play for.

9. dixiehack

BeamerBall mention. Everybody drink!

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The power of mid-week MAC football compels you to watch Ohio-Buffalo on ESPNU! Half empty stadium! Little to no atmosphere! Shitty ESPNU announcers! More people in the band than in the stands! Bobcat football, ladies and gents!!

/Ohio leads 21-7

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fuck Paul Johnson and his awful, goddamn boring, fucking stupid goddamn offense. And fuck Paul Johnson's ugly goddamn face and his going for it on every fucking fourth down ever!

(bitter)

12. dixiehack

The more time you give Tyrod Taylor to throw, the worse he becomes.

Draft saved Draft deleted