1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC 2008 Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Well shit, if Ryan Sonner's saying it then I know where to invest my mortgage payment.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Invest it, brotha!

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That's funny. Seriously, I think the CFL comes under FBO. But I could be wrong.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I know you're all biting your nails in anticipation of the UTEP-Buffalo game on Thursday

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Apparently Time Warner SportsNet is.

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

We've gotten to the point you can get every D1-A game on TV, right?

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

FBO (other), also used for arena football. Canadian Press may do it differently. Of course, they may do wire slugs using extra vowels like they do in humor and color and whatnot. (And have you seen what they do to program?) Nice people, but can't spell for shit. :D

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

So ... CFL is FBOU?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nah, that's the slug AP uses for the Sooners. ;D

(What? You thought I would mention the Bobcats?)

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The coach under the greatest amount of pressure is Louisville's Steve Kragthorpe. Lose to Kentucky this year and who knows how bad it'll get for him.

Good news is Trent Guy is recovering well from his gunshot wound last month. Bad news is they just lost probably their most experienced linebacker for the season.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080825/SPORTS02/80825026

It's hard to imagine Louisville's defense being worse than it was last year. The only question is how much better can/will it be.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thoughts about a few things addressed already for the Thursday/Friday games. Rutgers is getting as much attention as it deserves. They are favored by 5 over Fresno State at home. But Fresno State is ranked 25 and is a trendy pick to do stuff this year. So obviously, Rutgers is getting some respect, being the favorite. Army / Temple may be horrible, but it's only because of Army. Temple is legit. They could win the MAC. They are returning every single starter (I know, crummy starters are still crummy, but this is not a bad team). They were a solid defense last year and had a three-game winning streak (unheard of for Temple) before they lost their QB for the year. Army is going back to the option this year. I think they finally realized that there is a reason Navy has had some success with undersized players. Army will be running the option with a QB who is not an option QB, though, and this is a tough defensive to do a trial run of the wishbone against. Thing that makes this game somewhat interesting is that Temple was one of the teams Army managed to beat last year. It was an interesting game in a lot of ways. Temple had 5 turnovers, 11 penalties and gave up a kickoff return. They outplayed Army by a lot, Army typically had very little offense, but Army won the game 37-21. It was actually the kind of game that if I am looking for a program throwing games for the fellows in Vegas, this is where I start to poke around.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Many championships have been won before a player takes the field for the first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.