1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fayetteville Observer sports reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Dennis Hall, Jan 18, 2008.

1. spud

spud Member

Far as I know, they were through the second round of cuts about a week and a half ago. I'm sure interviews for the finalists aren't far off.

2. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Thanks for the info.

3. Khary McGhee

Khary McGhee New Member

I think Dennis was out of the office this past week, which might have put the process on hold for just a bit.

I'm surely not privy to any inside information, but since this used to be my job I'd say that they probably aren't too pressed to get someone in immediately. Fayetteville State coverage slows down considerably after basketball season — the CIAA tournament is going on this week. And the spring high school season doesn't really get hectic until Mid-April or so.

4. Dennis Hall

Dennis Hall New Member

Yep, just got back in the office today. We got a lot of interest -- more than 80 applicants. It took awhile to go through everything. I've got a list of finalists and I'm close to figuring out who we're going to bring in for interviews. Thanks to everyone who applied.

Draft saved Draft deleted