1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre's sanity officially has jumped the shark.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Nov 27, 2006.

1. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Jeez, now I'm starting to feel bad for him. This is a sad way for him to go out, even if his field judgements are probably on same level as Eli Manning. I actually hope he at least gets a win in his last game, though that might make him think he could go one more year. *gulp*

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Funny. I'm like that with Foreigner. They're issued about 10 "new" greatest hits collections this decade. I could stomach buying the first two greatest hits CDs ("Records" in the early '80s and "The Very Best And Beyond" in 1992) and even the double-CD that came out around 2000 and featured solo songs by Lou Gramm and Mick Jones (I would use the term "solo hits" but Mick Jones' CD tanked at Federline-esque levels). But the rest of the re-issues? Forget that. Complete money grabs. As was the awful, awful, awful DVD they issued, which was, I kid you not, filled with shaky camera shots from the fifth or sixth row. It was like a home movie.

Nor will I buy the live greatest hits just issued by the new version of Fakeigner, which features nobody from the band's heyday except Jones. Fuck that. If I want to hear a Foreigner cover band, I'll go to a bar.

As far as I'm concerned, I've got the complete Foreigner collection.

3. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

See Jack Black, Kyle Gass and Brett Favre in: "Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny!"

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah. No one ever comes up with stuff like that except me.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

He's the Bo Schembechler of quarterbacks.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That someone would think of firing a salvo like that at Dan Marino is absolutely nuts.

One skill? One freaking skill? I don't know what's dumber ... that comment or the fact that I'm jumping into this one. :-\

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Marino also was very skilled at blaming everyone else whenever a play didn't go his way.

And he was pretty good in commercials and movie cameos.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hey, just like Payton Manning, including the lack of a Super Bowl ring.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is undeniably true.

My one lasting image of Marino is him pulling the "you never played the game" trick after a brutal Monday night loss. Classless.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Shitty officiating all around. Absolutely terrible. Was that supposed to make up for the fuck-over Seattle got in the Stupor Bowl?

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Green Bay Peckers lose and the Vikings fan rejoices once again!

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

:eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted