1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre's critics include some teammates

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, Jan 1, 2009.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Sorry if this is a DB. Didn't see it elsewhere. The bit about being isolated from other players is similar to what I heard somewhere about his Packers days, where I think some players said his locker was away from all the others.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3804004

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I saw this, no lie, at least 40 times scrolling on the bottom of the screen during the ABC bowl games today. Dear Brett Favre, I hope there is someone out there as annoying to you, as you are to us. Get out of the news.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow wait till Peter Kings hears this. First the fans did not show Brett proper respect by not showing up in droves for Brett's first game and now the players are disrepecting him.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Are you a Jets fan, Boom?

What would your solution to this be, since it appears something else major has to happen before next season begins.

The friends I have who are Jets fans are absolute that Favre has to either retire or go play somewhere else.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes I am a Jet fan - there I said it.

I agree with your friend , Favre has to move on. Really given the fact that Favre did not start running Jet Offense until last August it would have been foolhardy to think that the Jets were going to have a great year.

They did better than I expected..

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Favre can't be sad with this. The more news like this, the easier it is for him to get released and end up back in the North with the Vikings, Bears or--gasp--Lions. Or down south with the Bucs.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd like to thank you for that last sentence. Gruden and Favre would be hilarious.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Stuff like this happens on teams at all levels. What's unusual is when someone like Thomas Jones actually comes out and says it in public.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

It really would...especially since you know Gruden would probably go along with it, since they have a past and since Gruden loves ancient players and since Gruden HAS TO be entering a win-or-else season. But you know Gruden would go apeshit crazy the first time Favre improvised and threw a pick.

Good times!

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I was in the Jets locker room Sunday night. The players I talked to said that they wanted Favre back. They believed that he would be better after a full off-season training regimen and training camp.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Was he locked in his office at the time?

Draft saved Draft deleted