1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre's agent calls Favre a drama queen.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I say the worldwide leader needs at least a two hour Jim Grey special to iron this whole thing out.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Only two hours?

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

To shamelessly borrow a phrase from Motley Crue: Don't go away mad, Brett. Just go away.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It takes a special kind of player to finish in the top five in MVP voting in two of the last three seasons and have people essentially begging you to go away forever.

In Favre's case, it's completely justified.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It won't ever happen, but I'd love it if some Vikings stars just stood up and said, "Brett, either you're in or you're out. Shit or get off the pot."

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

It won't happen, because they know, like everyone else, that Favre is playing this year, and they put up with it because they know they're a far better team with him than without him. If he's not coming back, then why did he have the ankle surgery, and why is he throwing to the high school kids?

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The real concerns for the Vikings?

The schedule this year is more difficult, the offensive line is questionale, the loss of Chester Taylor is huge, will Adrian P continue to fumble, can the defense overcome the injuries to Winfield, Henderson, etc..

Sounds to me like it's a job for this guy:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

In the NFL, things have a way of "evening out" in a hurry.

I wouldn't just pencil in Favre and the Vikings for the Super Bowl after the 2010 season just yet.

They caught an awful lot of breaks last year.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is all you need to know about Brett Favre.

1. He finished third in the MVP voting last season.
    2. Given the chance to acquire him, probably 27 or 28 of the 32 teams in the league would pass.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, shit. He's too close to 500 TD tosses to quit, now.

They'll be singing "The Bitch Is Back" in the Land of 10,000 Lakes in a month.

Book it.

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

There is no "will he or won't he." The guy only does this to get out of camp. Nothing more, nothing less. I wish he would just admit it, and the Vikings would just "OK" it. It would erase all of this nonsense. Of course if they did, then other players would start doing it too.

The Vikes are better with him, but I think the Packers win that division even if he's back. The Favre drama has overshadowed how lights out Rodgers has been.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If the Packers get their defense squared away, they should win this.

As for Favre and the Vikings:

Now that teams have more "tape" of the Vikings with Favre in their offense -- their NFC opponents will have more to go off of.

I also think more and more opposing coaches will "look the other way" to late hits on Favre if they sense his ankle is tender or that "one more hit" might weaken him or knock him out of the game. The Saints set the blueprint: Be physical and be willing to take 50 yards in personal foul penalties throughout the course of the game.

For the most part, over the last eight years, Favre fades the later the season goes on (2006 was the exception). I think it is:
    - Favre's body wearing down late in colder weather.
    - Opponents getting a second/later look.

I cannot stress enough, how important it is for the Vikings to play indoors in the post-season. Unlike the AFC - which has true warm-weather cities (San Diego, Jax, Miami), the NFC only has Tampa for outdoor venues in warm weather.

If Minnesota has to go to Green Bay, Chicago, Philadelphia, NY Giants or Seattle in the post-season, they're done.

Draft saved Draft deleted