1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre retiring (for today)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 3, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

According to Judd Zulgad of Minneapolis Star Tribune:

http://twitter.com/juddzulgad

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fuck Brett Favre. Go the fuck away and don't come back.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At this point it would be bigger news if Favre announced that he was switching to Levi's.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. doctorx

doctorx Member

Well, that settles it.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'll believe it when the season reaches October and the Vikings still haven't quietly begged him to come back. Schefter said something about how this is Favre's third retirement.

Hooray for the summer of Favre and LeBron.

8. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Never has retired close to this late though. We'll see what happens. Thought GB would win the North if he came back, now they better or there will be some explaining to do.

I'd think McCarthy will be fired if they don't at least win the division. Expectation should be a first round bye.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Mort, Schefter, Werdell and King spend years sucking Favre off and get torched on his "real" retirement.

Awesome.

10. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

Translation: Everyone assumes I'm playing, so no one is talking about me. I'll "retire" to get them talking about me, then I'll "unretire" just before the third preseason game.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What's the over-under for what date he'll "unretire" and what's the line on what team he'll come back to play for this time around? I want to place my bet.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What are the odds Favre addresses/mocks his on-again, off-again nature in the press release later today?

Draft saved Draft deleted