1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre demands trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, May 13, 2007.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I like Favre, but it's time for him to go. He's an icon, but an aging one.

He should've retired.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe Favre should have kept his mouth shut years about Javon Walker, who might still be a Packer today otherwise. That would have eliminated Favre's attempt to sell management on Moss, citing a lack of weapons. But that's just me.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Probably nitpicking here, but you can't even mention Denver in this convo, not after the Broncos spent a high first round pick on Cutler. If Carolina thought Jake Delhomme could make a Super Bowl again, they probably wouldn't have gotten David Carr to "back him up." Jake's going to be on one of the shortest leashes in the league this year.

And the Jets have a top QB in place? Who? Don't tell me you're buying into the Pennington BS. If he was that good, the Jets wouldn't have drafted Kellen Clemens and forced Pennington to take a giant pay cut last year. He's a place-holder, nothing more. Even if he thinks he is a lot more than that.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

without reading the four pages, raider nation would love to sign this gentleman to a two-year contract. and oh yeah, teach the golden child all you know while you're in town.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Agreed. I could have presented my side fluently without hostility...you have my apologies.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well, OK, maybe I should have put it differently -- the Jets and Carolina, because of their depth charts, don't appear to be teams who would snap up a guy who likely has one or maybe two years left. And I made the same point about Denver and Cutler, though I think he stinks.

Looking at it with little regard for who is in place and how their team feels about him -- the Falcons, Jets, Broncos, Panthers, Bears, Seattle (I know all about Hasselback's stats - I just think he is gutless) and Dallas (not buying Romo either) would all put themself in a much better position to make a run at a Super Bowl championship if they traded for Brett Favre tomorrow.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Didn't Favre make a big stink about how he was not going to mentor Rodgers? I recall it as "that isn't my responsibility."

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

now that you bring that up, yes i do remember that. screw favre. raider nation retracts it's interest.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Accepted. I can take a rolling of the eyes or some caps or a snarky closing line to a post... but all three at once? I feel the need to speak up!

Draft saved Draft deleted