1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre demands trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, May 13, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tony, I can't tell...are you being sarcastic? Didn't Rodgers only play a half or so before he broke his leg? It's impossible to compare Favre's 15 1/2-game season with the the small sample size of a game that was a.) Rodgers' first real game action (I know he mopped up in that Ravens blowout in '05) and b.) a shutout.

I like seeing Favre stick around because he's about the last guy left from when my buddies and I started playing fantasy football in college, so he makes me feel all nostalgic and shit. But man, he's gotta quit with the passive-aggressive shit. He does want a trade. Not a doubt about that. But he doesn't want to be the bad guy asking out of Green Bay after spending the last 10 years telling us he never wanted to play anywhere else.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Ted Thompson's dog.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outstanding.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I do think Brett Favre is better than Aaron Rogers right now. I also think Bart Starr is probably better than Rogers right now. I agree with whoever made the connection to the Celtics of the early 90s, not cutting ties with any of their legends and letting them age and not building for the future and falling apart.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think if the Celtics had a breathing Len Bias and Reggie Lewis they would have been a little better off.

6. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

As I stated on the 10th post of this thread, "No chance Favre would demand a trade. He'd retire first."

The info block on ESPNews: Favre: I never wanted to be traded."

Why anyone would actually believe that Favre demaded a trade is beyond me. It makes zero sense.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

In the statement, Favre does not deny that he demanded a trade.

Following a report this weekend that Brett Favre asked the Green Bay Packers to be traded after last month's draft, the team this morning issued the following statement from Favre:

"I was frustrated a couple weeks back when Randy Moss was traded to New England. I never wanted to be traded and I don't want to be traded. I want to be in Green Bay. I want to finish my career as a Packer. Sometimes when I get frustrated I let my emotions get the better of me.

"As I said in February when I announced that I was coming back, I am excited about the young talent on our team and the improvements we're going to see from one year to the next. I really enjoy the young guys I'm playing with. I'm working hard down in Mississippi right now, rehabbing, and I plan to be in the best shape of my life.

"I look forward to playing with this team and seeing what we can do. I think we can be pretty good."

8. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Really?

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Really.
    Where in that statement does he state he or Bus Cook didn't actually ask for a trade?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

White may have been the piece of the puzzle that put them over the top, but that doesn't mean he was the most important piece. I think you're allowing the last few years of mediocrity blind you to just how good Farve was in his prime. White was a great player, but not as important to those Packers teams as Farve.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

This guy begs to differ!

[​IMG]

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted