1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite Simpsons episode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Oct 2, 2012.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Homer the Vigilante: "So I said, 'Look buddy, your car was upside-down when I got here. And as for your grandmother, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that.' "

And of course, The Beer Baron.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The one with Sam Etic.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Krusty Gets Busted," the very first Sideshow Bob episode, always cracks me up. The retrospective on Krusty's career was awesome, especially the part where Bob hits him in the face with a pie and Krusty waits a beat before punching him in the face. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

"Homer at the Bat" is top-five, right alongside the one with Hank Scorpio ("You Only Move Twice").
    Treehouse of Horror III (with the evil Krusty doll, Homer Kong, and Zombie Flanders) and Treehouse of Horror V (The Shinning, the alternate timelines and the school cafeteria cooking up kids) are also right up there.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Homer in Space is hands down my favorite. A couple others have been mentioned, such as Treehouse V, The Beer Baron, Homer at the Bat and Lemon of Troy.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk

6. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

The Cartridge Family (Homer buys a hand gun)
    King Size Homer (Homer gains weight to claim disability)
    A Milhouse Divided (His parents split up. Love that "Can I Borrow a Feelling" tune)

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Seinfeld only won because the poll was rigged.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Mostly because it's a better show.

[​IMG]

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Last Exit To Springfield (Lisa needs braces).

Flaming Moes

Mr. Plow

11. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Solid.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

With maybe one of the great in show songs of all-time Two dozen and one greyhounds needs to be mentioned.

And Seinfeld? I like Seinfeld fine, I prefer Simpsons much more, particularly if you ignore much of the last decade. For better or worse, the Simpsons had a much more profound impact on my childhood.

"you tried your best and failed miserably, the lesson is never try."

Draft saved Draft deleted