1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Reality-Type Shows?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JosephC.Myers, May 20, 2012.

1. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I like that show, too. Always interesting to see what they come up with and how much it's worth.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Two Coreys was a very guilty pleasure.

3. American Pickers and Swamp People.

I have a really short attention span with these shows. Once they start inserting drama, I'm done.
    If it's fake, that's a deal breaker. That's why I quit Pawn Stars and Operation Repo.

I liked Storage Wars but burned out on it pretty quick.

I used to watch Deadliest Catch.. Dropped it after Phil died, but was losing interest anyway. The inserted drama in Deadliest Catch really pissed me off. God Damn the show was interesting enough before they started screwing with it.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Any Top Chef shows are must watch for me. And I've kept up with Big Brother the last three years, tho it seems to end up the same damn things year after year. I'll give Glass House a try, if it ever makes it to air.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

does Top Gear count?
    if not I don't really watch any of them now, but I always did like the ones PBS had about 10 years ago like 1900 House and The Colony. Basically a modern group would try to live using the technology of whatever era they were emulating. To make things more fun, each show would detail all the possible ways these people could die. On The Colony a group of native Americans showed up and the narrator said "They could be here to trade. Or they could be here to kill everybody." On 1900 is was the lead paint and doing laundry with boiling water, showing the kids wash clothes while the narrator explained that in 1900 alone, 2000 children in London died doing laundry

6. Does 1,000 Ways to Die count?

7. JosephC.Myers

Top Gear does count. I don't watch that show regularly, but when I've flipped through, it seemed pretty interesting. Hoarders, First 48 and Intervention are all shows I watched regularly in the past, but not so much anymore. Still, all 3 are pretty compelling TV.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How is Top Gear a reality show?

9. JosephC.Myers

*Googling Top Gear to check*
    I thought they built cars on the show and raced them. If it's just them driving around different cars, not really.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

it's like a 60 Minutes for car geeks. Sit-down interviews. Joking parts. Races with different cars.

It's amazing, don't get me wrong. But it's not a reality show.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Big Brother, although I do feel somewhat ashamed that I start checking for the season premier date in early April. Definitely getting the live feeds again this year, and might quit my job so I can stay home and watch them more.

12. JosephC.Myers

Got it. Learned something new today.

Draft saved Draft deleted