1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite movie scene

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I agree. Both of these are awesome.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And you'd have to agree with the byemancard, too.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

The cafeteria scene in "National Lampoon's Animal House," with Belushi filling his tray, his pockets and especially his face while Sam Cooke's "Wonderful World" is playing.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

"What. Am. I. Now?" A zit!!
    Yes, one of many great scenes in that one. Along with, "You fucked up! You trusted us."

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--The scene in Titanic where the mother sings a lullaby to her child as the water rises.
    --The Geena Davis-Brad Pitt love scene in Thelma and Louise.
    --The seduction scene in Body Heat.
    --The final restaurant scene in Pulp Fiction
    --The scene in Aliens when the man and woman soldier hug and blow themselves up as the aliens approach.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Awesome.

I just YouTubed the ROTC scene where Niedermayer berates Flounder and is then punished from afar by Otter and Boon, the budding golfers.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The movie Awakenings where Robin Williams' character is talking to John Heard's character in the hospital cafeteria trying to get funding to put more patients on the L-Dopa that has "awakened" Robert DeNiro's character. Heard's character says "I think you overestimate the effect that Mr. Lowe has on people, doctor. We're talking about money." At which point all the hospital staff people in the cafeteria start dropping their paychecks on the table in front of him. Geez, if that scene doesn't make it a bit dusty for you, you're not human.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

Wow, more fellow Rocky fanbois here than I knew...

For me, it's 15th round of Rocky II. The moments right up until the double-knockdown. Love the fact Apollo had the fight won. If he had just stuck and moved, he wins the rematch, keeps his title and goes on as champion. But that wasn't enough for him. The win didn't matter. The title didn't matter. What mattered most to him was his pride. He had to prove something to himself, regardless of what it meant in terms of the belt.

Similarly, the fight with Drago. He didn't care that it ended up killing him -- he went out the way he wanted, on his terms.

Shouldn't we all be as fortunate?

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Between that and when the adult Dottie and Kit meet at the end....yeesh. I need the Kleenex.

That entire scene is just beautiful, with the orchestra playing "Nearer My God to Thee" in the background and them showing the mom in steerage telling her children a bedtime story, the old couple holding each other in bed, Captain Smith and Mr. Andrews dying....it was the only part of the movie that the initial watch in the theaters that really got to me.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Totally agree with both of these scenes. In fact, both movies are in my top 10. Watch them whenever they're on (which was tonight for Titanic on TBS before I had to stop watching because the Wisconsin-UNLV game came on). I have "A League Of Their Own" on DVD.

Between A League Of Their Own, Big and Awakenings, Penny Marshall is very high up in my list of directors.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Come on, no one has ID'ed the card game on the train in The Sting?

You guys are slipping.

Ya folla?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

My favorite lines of the movie:

"Man, if I was you, I'd be ..."

"LEAVING! What a good idea!"

Draft saved Draft deleted