1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite High School Principals

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 17, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nice catch, Pope; although he was actually principal for a week. The program, I believe, was called, "Teacher for a Week."

And, no, he was generally pretty weak as a principal. He couldn't separate his business and personal life. A good principal makes the teachers believe in him, and it took Kelly's guilt trip to do that. He got the job done, but not well enough to earn my vote. However, I'm sure he would be an amazing principal if given enough time to prove himself.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Riiiiight.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

4. Sammi

Sammi Member

For the old schoolers: Seymour Kaufman at Walt Whitman High.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How about the principal in Porky's, the one who had to deal with Beulah Ballbricker's request to have the boys' penises examined for a telltale mole?

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Wait, Vernon was a principal? I don't think so.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ike enjoyed it more than the coaches/principal.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Well done, I always thought under that gruff exterior he had a soft spot for the Sweathogs.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I always thought he was like the asst. principal or dean in charge of discipline or something.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I figured him for just a regular teacher. Principals or asst. principals aren't going to waste every friggin' Saturday morning babysitting a bunch of teenage misfits; that's a role that's gonna be rotated amongst all the teaching staff.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The original article was directed at movie principals and we've taken an enjoyable left turn here into TV principals.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

According to scripts posted on the web, Cadet is right ... Vernon was just a teacher.

Draft saved Draft deleted