1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Halloween sports ledes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Billy Monday, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

Halloween was Wednesday, but Podunk College QB John Doe was running scared on Saturday...

Trick-or-treat came early for Hillbilly U in last night's big matchup...

As far as the Fightin' Eagles were concerned, Memorial Stadium was a haunted house last night...

It's my favorite time of year for sports writing. Let's hear some more.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

We just love it when you junior high kids fuck around on the journalism topics board.

DTGDTN!

3. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

I guess I forgot the sarcasm font. Sorry.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd rather shit myself than read one of those ledes.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shitstain Prep's football season was splattered like a bucket of pumpkin guts all over the field as Badass High walloped the Skidmarks, 54-14, in a Class I playoff game Friday night.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Man, I saw a football playoff game the other night that reminded me of that photo.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. I DID shit myself reading those.

9. Every year we have to tell our hs football stringers "NO Halloween ledes!!" this week. So what happens? One of our full-timers filed one. I can't remember the particulars, but it wasn't bad. It was actually more topical, with Halloween thrown in.

10. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I find Christmas ones a lot more annoying than the Halloween ones.

"Suzy served as Santa Claus, dishing out 10 assists as gifts to all the good girls on her team."

Barf.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

As place kicker Ernie Swenson drove away from Wavering Fart Memorial Stadium, his mind was a blur. Had he really just biffed two easy 30-yard field goal tries when his team needed them the most and when there were at least three scouts from Division I teams in the stands? Or was it all some strange dream?

Stopping his car suddenly in the driveway of his parents house, he heard a faint tap, tap, tapping on the driver's door. He leaned out the open car window only to discover, there on the door handle, the hook that had haunted his kicking game the entire night.

12. Full of Shit

Full of Shit Member

I've always wondered: In Canada, do editors tell their writers, "No Boxing Day ledes"?

Draft saved Draft deleted