1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite gift, 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Dec 25, 2008.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Itrip fm tuner for the ipod was great. Mom's cooking was greater. Unfortunatley I couldn't take any leftovers with me.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't think he was knocking the gift - I think he was seeking clarification.
    Yes, showtunes. 20 CDs worth. I will be in heaven, though they won't all fit on my Walkman. May need to get a new one for just showtunes.
    Slappy, if I'm wrong, don't correct me.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I got a rock.

Oh, wrong holiday.

It's hard to beat watching my one year old daughter still moving from toy to toy as I speak. I think she's still trying to figure out her favorite. As far as me, Mrsexpendable made some cookies that my grandmother used to make. I'm always a kid when I take that first bite.

4. KG

KG Active Member

My parents and nephew came down to visit. That's more than enough for me.

Now I might have something to add as a belated gift in the worst gifts thread. The night before they left to come down, my nephew was sick with a stomach virus. Yesterday, my mom had the stomach virus. If I end up getting it, I will not be happy. I suppose it's still worth it to get to see my family though. I really miss them.

5. part-timer

part-timer Member

This is a weird one, but my best gift this year was having the wife's uncle, who is a priest, come over and perform a home mass for both our families. As the father of two youngsters, the thought of not having to go out to Christmas Eve mass in a crowded church thanks to the C-and-Eers and knowing the youngest would drive us to our church's horrible "crying room" was better than any present this year.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nope, you're right...

7. Slash

Slash Member

Best My Brother gave me a Reggie Jackson Yankees throwback jersey. I also got the AC/DC Rock Band from my sister-in-law and her kids.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

* My best gift was giving luggage to my Mom ... she's been asking for a set for a long time and she was totally shocked by the gift. I can still hear her shrieking, days later.
    And giving my sister a diploma frame from her university (do you know those things are sooooo pricey?!?!) It makes it more worthwhile for her because she always struggled in school and we never thought she'd go to college, let alone graduate in four years with a double major. She deserves it.

* I did receive diamond earrings. They're beautiful. He went to Jared's! :)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:D

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

At least you changed the they're to an it's. I'm impressed.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I bought a $5 footlong yesterday. I might do it again today.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

My Blackberry Storm. I love it.

(Would like to see a few more bars ... but I love it.)

Draft saved Draft deleted