1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Cereal?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I love cereal. What's your favorite? Which ones did you love but now can't stand? Which did you hate but now love? What's your best cereal story i.e. how much in one sitting, or how many boxes in a week?

My favorite cereal of all-time was Cocoa Pebbles, with Cocoa Puffs a close second, and Cinnamon Life and Lucky Charms third.

For the last few years, my fave has been Smart Start original. That said, I bought a box the other day, and there were hardly any oat clusters, which was odd. I was rather angry, going through the entire box and getting only a few clips of clusters.

As for most cereal in one eating, I've gone through entire boxes of Cocoa Pebbles in one sitting. Growing up, during my Cheerios phase, I'd drown a bowl of Cheerios in sugar. Other times I'd down Cheerios in chocolate milk. Chocolate milk and Cocoa Pebbles is quite the choco-soupy mix.

Once separated all the marshmellows from a box of Lucky Charms and downed them all.

You?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Honeycombs and Lucky Charms are my favorites. I used to love Honey Nut Cheerios, but don't really like them anymore.

I've never understood how anyone could eat Grapenuts. They taste like gravel to me.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good call on the Golden Grahams. I have never understood the draw to Wheaties, either. It doesn't taste like anything. I guess I have to have sugar in my cereal.

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Don't eat cereal too often. When I do it's usually something simple like Cheerios or Crispix. The most in one sitting is probably 1/2 a box, if that.

Favorites:
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch
    Honeycombs
    Crispix
    Raisin Bran Crunch
    Golden Grahams are also good (thanks Buck)

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Golden Grahams or Honey Nut Cheerios.

Get the Captain Crunch away from me. It tears up the roof of my mouth. It's like eating knives.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I eat cereal like gangbusters, and I'm not even the most voracious cereal-eater in my own home. But Wheaties is, and always will be, my staple -- nutritious and delicious.

7. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I'll second that on grape nuts. Where the fuck were the grapes? Break your teeth eating that shit. I don't eat much cereal anymore. But you can't go wrong with Fruity Pebbles. These days, when I do eat cereal, it's Raisin Nut Bran or Granola.
    Back in high school, my friend Tom, his dad went on a diet and ate nothing but Mueslix for two weeks. That guy had to spend at least half of that time on the toilet.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm always going to be a kid when it comes to cereal. My favorite, since I can remember, has been Cinnamon Toast Crunch, with Cookie Crisp in second and Fruity Pebbles in third.

Right now, I've got Fruity Pebbles, Apple Jacks and Golden Grahams on top of my fridge.

I used to really like Grape Nuts. My mom always bought them, and I loved how the milk disappeared in the cereal. And any kind of Chex is good by me.

I always feel like an idiot in the cereal isle. For 10 minutes, I'll pace the isle looking for one box of cereal, which is usually all I can afford a week. Then I pick out Cookie Crisp and think, "It's been a while since I was 8. ..."

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Honey Bunches of Sadness

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Love, love, love Honey Bunches of Oats. Original, strawberry or peach -- I'll eat 'em all, any time.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've only had the original. I liked the cereal, but only had it once or twice.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It used to be Frosted Flakes. Now it's either CTC or Golden Grahams.

Draft saved Draft deleted