1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite candy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I wish. They got rid of the lime back in the early 80s in favor of Cherry. Boo!!! :mad:

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

between your candy selections and holiday music & movie choices I think I have a crush on you.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I agree. That's the best way to eat a Reese's. It's also the best way to eat a Snickers bar, which is my second favorite candy.

Swedish Fish remind me of my high school days, and for that, I'll always hold them in high regard. That and their deliciousness.

Also, I'm a big fan of the Butterfinger. Twix, too.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Never had the candy, but that scene is hilarious. Thank you for posting it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Norman Stansfield

I've never had one, but I hear the deep-fried versions of Snickers and the like that they have at the state fairs are pretty damned good.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never heard of a deep-friend Snickers bar. I don't think I'd eat any deep-fried chocolate. It just doesn't sound appetizing. But whenever someone tells me to try something -- usually an absurd choice -- deep-friend, like pickles, I scoff. Then I try it and enjoy.

Deep-friend pickles, by the way, are very good.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Freudian slip?

9. Norman Stansfield

Oh yeah, deep-fried pickles RULE.

And yeah, I've talked to people who've had deep-fried Snickers, Milky Way, Three Musketeers and so on...and they all raved about them.

I think I'll take their word for it. That sounds like a heart attack on a stick.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You'd think, huh?

Actually, I'm just an idiot.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yes it does, but I can think of only a few other ways to go, if I get to choose. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted