1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Cameo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by friend of the friendless, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Stan Lee makes cameos in all the Marvel superhero flicks -- Spider-Man and FF, anyway.

Jim Lovell in "Apollo 13" -- he's the captain of the aircraft carrier that recovers the crew in the Pacific, and shakes hands with Tom Hanks (playing Lovell) in the final scene.

Back to superhero/adventure flicks:

Noel Neill and Jack Larson, co-stars of the 1950s George Reeves "Superman" TV series, made amusing cameos in "Superman Returns" (Neill had also cameoed in the 1978 movie).

Ann Robinson and Gene Barry, co-stars of the 1953 version of "War of the Worlds," appearing as the grandparents at the end of the 2005 Spielberg version.

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Johnny Carson did Get Smart and (voice only, at a partywhen the lights went out) MTM. I think he might have done Batman too.

David Letterman in Cabin Boy.

YHS, etc

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

We have a winner.

Also, have to mention Brett Favre in "Something About Mary."

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Kurt Vonnegut, "Back to School."

5. Don't forget Truman Capote in Annie Hall. He played the Truman Capote lookalike in the park.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sure it wasn't Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?" He was the guy bidding farewell to Indy as he got on the plane.

I posted this, then looked down two more entries. D'oh!

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

For a movie: Mel Brooks in Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

TV: Jim Abbott in Boy Meets World.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Also...Silent Movie had an absolute plethora of cameos.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And from the TV world: Whitney Houston in Silver Spoons.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

TigerVols as innocent bystander-on-the-square in At Close Range... ... and as ringside paparazzi in boxing scene of Ocean's Eleven...and as bar patron in Love Potion No. 9 w/ Sandy Bullock.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Can't believe I forgot this one, but Lance Armstrong in "Dodgeball" was pretty classic.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Isn't one of the Olson Twins playing dodgeball right now? Should I be using the singular "dodgeball" or does it need to be plural?

Draft saved Draft deleted