1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite buffet restaurants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nordic Lodge in the boonies in Rhode Island. Unlimited lobster, prime rib and damn well everything else you can think of. Costly, but one of those experiences that's really fun to do once.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

1. Any New York Metro Area Jewish Saturday Night Wedding.
    1A. Brunch at a Four Seasons.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

OK, Michael, I think that would go to the top of my list, too, if I ever got there.

http://www.nordiclodge.com/index.htm

4. heyabbott

Maximum Dining 2 Hours

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Two hours really is a long time at a buffet, but how does the house police that?

6. heyabbott

$91 pp for 2014. They have bus groups show up, the place must be enormous.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Down here, the meter maids mark your tire with chalk if you're parked in a two-hour zone, so if they come back two hours later and they see a chalk mark, you're busted.

I kinda hope that's what they do there.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Been there once - Mrs. T took me for my birthday (of course, I was on crutches that year). But I shlepped around plenty of food, and it was good. The only problem is, for the price, you feel morally compelled to overload. The closest I've ever come to going Creosote just from the amount of food intake. This was in '02, when the price was in the low fifties.

I hit Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun if I really want to get my buffet on (usually lunch, if I go with Matriarch T). Dinner is about $20-25, and even though not everything is spot on any given day, there's a great selection, and most of it's really good.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

We were there in the spring. We had the meal ticket thingee and hadn't planned on Boma. We usually avoid buffets because of the overeating factor. But one evening we hadn't made a dinner decision. We'd been dodging raindrops all day and were exhausted when we got back to Jamba House. Didn't want to get the car out an go off-site. We opted against the higher-priced restaurant and the lunch service place by the pool. That left Boma and it was excellent. The rotisserie beef was fabulous and I'd never had peanut rice before, excellent. They had just about everything you could think of, chicken, ham, beef, pasta, salads. We went back the next night, too. And, they kept seating people well after their posted closing time. The wait in the adjacent bar was good, too, after we got the bartender to put on the Stanley Cup playoffs.
    It seemed that hotel had a lot of African immigrants working there. We felt that they were so happy to be there they would do anything to help you. The service throughout was great and friendly.
    Also, we highly recommend Disney's meal plan, and we felt that buying the Concierge service was worth it.

10. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Boma is outstanding. The African-themed buffet inside Animal Kingdom is also very good.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Chuck-a-Rama in Salt Lake City was good. But I also like Golden Corral, Ryan's, Ponderosa... aw, hell, almost any buffet will do. I'm not highbrow enough for most of you foodies.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

We also did the Sunrise Safari, which ends at Animal Kingdom and includes the breakfast buffet. Also excellent with all the typical breakfast stuff, waffle and omelet bar.

Draft saved Draft deleted