1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite book as a child

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kokane_muthashed, Dec 10, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That was my favorite too. Is "Brother for Sale" in that one? I liked that one too. :D

2. Absolutely. My mom got me started on them when I was 8 or 9. Read 'em all, I think.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Two classic 6th grade/junior high type books: The Giver, Lois Lowry, and Hatchet, Gary Paulsen.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Great choice.

A Light in the Attic was a wonderful read, too.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Eeeeyeah ... no.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Flash

Flash Guest

I almost forgot ... A Magic Bedknob (more commonly known as Bedknob and Broomsticks).

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I read all the Hardy Boys books when I was a kid. I also read a lot of sports biographies. I think I read "They Call Me Assassin" when I was 9.

8. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Add me to the chorus for "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs," "Where the Wild Things Are" (which I think my mom and I both still have memorized) and the Grover book.

My youngest cousin out in SoCal just got "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" from his grandma. I'd sent Meatballs to one of his older brothers for a birthday a few years back.

Checking my shelves, I've come up with a few more choice titles:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (which is actually a play, but I've got the bound script and piano score)

[​IMG]

I also really liked "Hansi" by Ludwig Bemelmans, who also wrote the Madeline series. Roald Dahl rocks too!

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I think my favorite Roald Dahl book was The BFG.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rainbow Fish, The BFG, & Arthur and Clifford series also kicked ass.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Where The Wild Things Are
    James and The Giant Peach

and
    [​IMG]

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

"The Trumpet of the Swan," by E.B. White
    Just about anything Beverly Cleary (especially the Ramona Quimby books) and Judy Blume.

Draft saved Draft deleted