1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite board game?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

I love board games. That was my favorite thing to do when I was a kid and I still love playing with my kids. I also loved Monopoly and Scrabble and would kick butt in family games. Then I played Scrabble with people who played in clubs and found out what I didn't know. Once I played against a woman who was something like 75 and I think she was mocking me because I wasn't playing well.

2. That's Buck Naked to you, bud. :D

I know, I know, get you a beer. I've lurked on here long enough to know the rules. :p

3. And you're right, BD, it was Balderdash. Had to dig through the games closet to find it.

4. Scattergories is my favorite game. It's the one where you have a die with letters of the alphabet on it. Each person playing has the same list of 12 things like boy's name, presidents or food. One person roles the die, and whatever letter lands, you have to try to think of a word that fits that description. If it lands on C, for example, then your boy's name could be chuck. But if anybody else has the name Chuck, then you don't get a point. If you're the only person to come up with the name, then you get a point. And if you have doubles (like Calvin Coolidge for presidents) would be double points. It's awesome because you can play it with a large group of people. It might be the second best game ever after Trivial Pursuit.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Husker Du

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It is a great four-player game.

Draft saved Draft deleted