1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite board game?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I loves me some Scrabble, but stay away from the expert players, like the ones in the book Word Freak. They memorize a zillion words and probably use 1,000 in real life. Letters are commodities, and little else. Unless you play like that, you'll die.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Now, that's a game.

Sorta Risk for big people.

I sucked at it.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've always liked card games, though I guess they aren't really board games.
    I really like Rook and got so addicted to it once, that my ex-wife and I would play two hands each. A game that is good for a large group is Pit. I played that game growing up and it was a lot of fun.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Anyone play Mille Bornes? That was a fun little card game. They used to have it on games.com, but outside of that I haven't played it in like decades.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I played it once or twice in my little 'gifted kids' class in fifth grade.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I always wanted to play that, but I never had friends smart enough to play it.

7. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I love Acquire. What's the website?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My problem was, my friends were all smarter than me.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Mille Bornes is a great card game. We have friends that we always play with.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Second the vote for Mouse Trap, though I can honestly say I never, ever, ever played the game. First you take the time to set up the trap. then you see if it works. Then you tinker to get it to work. Eventually, you have a contest to see who can fling the old man diver the highest without breaking the see-saw.

I'm a fan of Scene It, as well.

11. Rick Vaughn

Rick Vaughn New Member

When there's alcohol and/or girls involved:

Taboo and Balderdash are awesome

When you're hanging out with a bunch of dorks Axis and Allies is my favorite.

12. IJAG and I used to play Battleship over the phone. She also got me hooked on Phase 10.

The MAD magazine board game was awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted