1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FAU announcer melts down on air, challenges rest of the media to a fight

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 28, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Greg will challenge anyone from behind a keyboard. Then quote his amateur boxing record. As far as showing up, well ....

2. writingump

writingump Member

If I'm not mistaken, this is the same Dave Lamont who's worked regional college football broadcasts for ESPN and Sun Belt hoops games on CSS in the last couple of years.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Maybe some day this guy will accuse an Oklahoma State player of taking a cheap shot and then show up at a Gundy press conference.

4. greggdoyel

greggdoyel Member

Dammit, Ace, I came on here to say the same thing! Should've known someone would beat me to it. As for you, Hondo, you're right. I'm a deranged coward. Everyone knows it. Plus I believe in passive-aggressive arguing where I bow down and simply agree with someone as bitingly effective with words as you are.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Pathetic. Some of these guys calling games need to take about 10 Xanax's before they go on air.

I know the standard of homerism on the radio is different, but too often, they go looking for "woe is our team!" shit that has no basis in reality. Just shut the fuck up and call the game.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can deal with some level of homerism with these guys, but if something like that can get someone who is supposed to be a professional, that worked up, they need to find a new job.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry, GD, please don't hit me.

Hey, why don't you go to the next FAU game and report on the fireworks.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It is. He also does SEC Network hoops.

9. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

by Tom D'Angelo
    (Palm Beach Post.com)

Athletic Director Craig Angelos said radio play-by-play announcer Dave Lamont will be in the booth for Saturday’s Shula Bowl against FIU despite his meltdown last week at Arkansas State.

Lamont had three screaming fits late in the game - including challenging anyone who was watching to a fight - after QB Jeff Van Camp was hit so hard in the head while sliding that his helmet popped off and no flag was thrown. Van Camp left the game and did not return.

“We talked about it and we handled it appropriately,” Angelos said. “He’s got to be accountable for his actions and he is.”

Lamont has apologized to Sun Belt commissioner Wright Waters in a phone conversation, wrote a letter of apology to the Arkansas State and will apologize on air Saturday. Waters told Lamont the play was reviewed and determined to be a legal hit.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The FAU-FIU game is called the Shula Bowl? Why?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Probably because no one who plays in it will ever play for anyone named Shula.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but greatest coach in South Florida history, South Florida resident, two South Florida teams -- makes sense to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted