1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father, teacher of year: 41 yo ditches family when student girlfriend turns 18

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 1, 2012.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She looks younger than 18.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Father, teacher of year: 41 yo ditches family when student girlfriend turns

30 years ago, this would have been the basic plot for a typical Mariel Hemingway film

3. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I hope this girl was worth it because it seems this guy may have lost not only his family but his career too.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I give them a year.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I dunno; LeTourneau and her boy/man were happily married, last I knew

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My wife doesn't understand me! But my just-turned-18 former student does!

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

As a straight guy, I'm completely baffled. Even taking daddy issues into account, why would a young woman want to be touched - let alone have sex - with such a hideous old troll?

8. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine was a music teacher at a local high school. The day after graduation, he and one of his former students (and an alumna of all of one day) went on a date. He was maybe 26, she 18. Today they are happily married and she is finishing up her residency at a med school.

I guess it's all about biding time. Or something like that.

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

A baseball coach I used to cover 15 years ago ended up dating a student right after she graduated.

She's now Mrs. Baseball Coach. And he's now the superintendent (and a good one, too).

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It happened in Georgia -- guy married his high school geometry teacher right after graduating. He was 19, she was 26. They were married 18 years and had two children, but split when he cheated on her with a younger woman.

At the moment, he has 32 delegates in the GOP presidential primary race.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A 26-year-old single guy marrying an 18-year-old former student is quite different from a 41-year-old married guy shacking up with an 18-year-old.

Draft saved Draft deleted