1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father of Reaganomics: impeach Bush and Cheney now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts07162007.html

Here is an article for those of you who believe that Liberals and Democrats are the only people calling for Bush's impeachment.

This guy was the #2 man at the Treasury under Reagan and is a pretty mainstream Republican.

Pretty scary stuff...

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Bush has become an embarrassment to true conservatives. They believe the only way to save conservatism now is by ousting them.

If that's the case, then most probably feel that '08 is a lost cause and the focus should be on the 2010 midterms and 2012.

3. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Let me pose a questions that my brother asked me:

If Bush is as insane as it appears, would he go as far as canceling the next presidential elections to keep himself in power? Declaring a national state of emergency and halting all elections?

If you thought he was scary now...

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No way that happens. Scary, yes. But no way -- even though this clod is turning out to be like the Huey Long-eqsue president in Sinclair Lewis's "It Can't Happen Here."

5. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Slappy - why don't you think he would do that? He's taken us this far, why not take it a step further?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

You mean like Rudy Guiliani tried to do with the NYC Mayoral elections right after 9/11?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just read it.

Hard to disagree with most of what the guy says but the tone strikes me as just slightly hysterical.

Oh, and for some reason I found it funny that Robert's e-mail address is a yahoo account.

Maybe you can e-mail Bush at : twobricksshortofaload@yahoo.com.

8. However, his conspicuous concern for the activities of the Mossad, and the fact that this is Cockburn's website, make my skin itch a little.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Interesting world of ours.

Bush I brought up Hitler in making the case for stopping Saddam.
    Bush II hid behind Hitler references in his case for Iraq War II.
    Roberts speaks of Hitler in his argument for impeaching Bush II.

JR, I agree about the tone, which will be seized upon by Rush, Hannity and others, because they really can't attack the central message. I understand F_B's concerns too. Reading it gave me an uneasy feeling on many levels.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe you can catch him on Messenger, too.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

All the talk from the NIE about possible attacks on U.S. soil makes me wonder...

Beyond the actual deadly human cost of such an attack, what would it do politically? Would it re-rally support behind Bush? Would it send the whole country into a hysterical cluster frenzy? Would it allow for the imposition of martial law in certain respects?

Draft saved Draft deleted