1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father finds man abusing 4-year-old daughter, does what any of us would do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Why didn't O.J. Simpson do this? Oh wait.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I doubt it - he didn't shoot a man running away from him. He beat the shit out of a perv and I'd be willing to take my chances with a jury if I were him rather than accept a plea.

And you SHOULD be able to shoot and kill someone stealing your TV or any other property for that matter.

Fuck them.

If someone is going to break into my house or your house or anyone else's house and steal something they did not earn, they are low life scum who don't deserve to live especially seeing as the criminal justice system is now full of bedwetting, excuse making pscyho babbling fools and they keep letting these thugs back out into society.

3. Football_Bat

Thank you for being Zagnut.

4. zagoshe

So if you were on a jury and a guy shot and killed someone who was trespassing in his home - you'd convict?

5. Football_Bat

If I was on that jury, I'd be schooled on the state statutes and not Hulk out on every case.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I sure wouldn't.

7. zagoshe

Wouldn't matter to me what some bed wetting politicians determined was legal or not in terms of protecting oneself and one home and it isn't about "hulking out" -- thugs deserve what they get

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The guy is a hero.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is because you have no respect for the law....except when you agree with it.

Regarding a potential plea, if it keeps him out of jail, take it. Make sure he is there for his family rather than risking a trial. He protected his daughter. Now it is time to make sure he is there for her.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know that the guy is a hero. When my kids were 4, I didn't let them out of my sight if they were my responsibility.

Story is kind of murky, but it seems that everyone left the girl in the house by herself or maybe with other kids.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good point. I was the same way. No chance my daughter would have been in the house alone at that age, even if we were just outside.

But that is a parenting choice. I know I am overprotective. I always figure that is better than not being protective enough and having something awful happen, but to each his or her own.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Or, you know, centuries and centuries - millenia even - of development of Western common law, with sound theoretical underpinnings that delicately balance societal values, which has then been codified into mostly uniform statutes, with minor variations across jurisdictions.

But, nah, just a crew of "bed wetting politicians" throwing bullshit against the wall on a whim. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Draft saved Draft deleted