1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fat Guy Screams for McDonald's Chicken

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr7134, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

He wants his McChicken God damn it!

http://www.break.com/index/fat-guy-screams-for-mcdonalds-chicken.html

2. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

I think that the McDonald's is inside a Walmart as well. That somehow makes it even better.

3. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

We have to take into account the fact that we are seeing that footage out of context. It's easy to laugh at an angry fat man demanding fried chicken. It's possible however that he was legitimacy very hungry and had been made to wait a long time for his food. Lots of people get grouchy when they don’t eat.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Post padder.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I love cell phones with cameras.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

If what this guy is saying is true (that he has been waiting a half hour for his order), I'd be pissed too. Not so much that I'd be dropping f-bombs on the staff with a 3-year-old standing right in front me, but ...

7. My dad, who is not and never was fat, but would often fall in the range of grouchy, once flipped out in our small town KFC one Sunday when they were too slow (for dad) with our order.
    I was maybe 8 and remember the old man flipping the fuck out on a manager over his bucket of chicken.
    It was kind of scary at the time, but hilarious looking back on it.
    My dad, of course, claims no recollection of the incident.

8. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

My mom was very good at making a scene in stores but she usually had a point. She just wasn't going to accept being overcharged for an item or not being able to return something that was defective or whatever she yelled about. She's calmed down a lot since then.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

My old neighbor tells a story of a time about 20 years ago when he was in a McDonald's and they were taking forever with his order. He finally gets tired of waiting and says, "Screw this. I'll make my own damn hamburger," and jumps over the counter and does just that. The staff didn't know what to do.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When I was working fast food, I would have called the police immediately.

Haven't watched the video, but the staff should have told him it was going to take 30 minutes to make the friend chicken. If there's none made (i.e. if you just had a big order), it takes about that long from start to finish.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Reminds of the day in '92 in Taft, California, in the drive-thru at KFC. Ordered a bunch of chicken only for the guy to say they had run out of chicken. It was 4 p.m. I didn't yell at the kid but asked a long string of questions, probably some with the F-bomb, incredulous that a chicken shack ran out of chicken so early in the day.

"You mean to fucking tell me that there isn't a single fucking piece of chicken in there?"

"Sorry, sir, we ran out of chicken."

"Not a single fucking leg or thigh?"

"Sorry, sir, but we ran out of chicken."

And this went on for 5 minutes until I got bored and we went somewhere else.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I guess the guy really likes his chicken, you think?

Draft saved Draft deleted