1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fast and Furious: The Growing ATF Scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This has been bubbling up under the surface for a while now, but it's starting to get some real attention, and it's going to blow up:

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The whole thing sounds like some insane plan out of The Wire.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why we keep fighting the War on Drugs that is at the root of all this just gets more mystifying by the day.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its basic economics, you want to fight the "war on drugs"? You address the demand, not the supply.

Anyone wonder why GM went bankrupt? Why no one buys RCA, Zenith or Westinghouse TVs any longer? Because they could supply all they want, but there were no takers.

Same with illegal drugs, do something with the demand, no one is going to supply it any longer.

Yes this is overly-simplistic but you don't just attack supply and think its going to solve the problem. Another supplier will just pop up somewhere else.

5. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Amen, brother. Preach on...

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Yes, and when an American border agent is killed in the ill-concieved operation it makes matters even worse. I can imagine Eric Holder is not sleeping very well lately. I wonder how high up this goes.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wishpeachment du jour.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Arizona now neck-and-neck with Florida as all-purpose punchline. California wondering what it has to do to win back title.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As John Stewart joked, "this was the plan they went with? Can you imagine what Plan B that they passed on was?"

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The easiest way to track guns in Arizona is to watch who wears one.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Paging Ollie North

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So there's nothing to see here?

I know you'd like to just dismiss it, but it looks pretty serious to me.

Do you disagree?

Draft saved Draft deleted