1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fashion faux pas???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ColbertNation, Nov 13, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

because you're a professional. dress like it. I'll slob around the house on a weekend or something, but if I'm going to go out, I change to at least make myself presentable. especially for those in a smaller market, who knows who you'll see or who will see you while you're at wal-mart or the video store?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm a professional. In New York. I wear jeans and sneakers almost every day. I do great work. I get paid well. I go home. I really don't feel the need to impress anyone with my clothes nor am I ever impressed with people because of their clothes.

3. Word.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I'd argue you can wear jeans and sneakers and still be well-dressed. To me, and what I was initially trying to say, is that it's obvious when someone is paying attention to what they're wearing regardless of how "nice" it is -- you can be presentable in jeans and sneakers, and completely unpresentable in slacks with a shirt and tie. If that makes any sense at all.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well then we agree. I take great pride and care in the daily selection of my jeans and sneakers as well as in choosing a clean and well-matched T-shirt.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of curious why we haven't heard about the socks from CN ... :)

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do you put your sneakers in the washing machine?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

C'mon. You know they are white.

We aren't falling for "eggshell" or "ivory," either.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Are they available in other colors?

10. I'll buy that. First SE I had wore a tie and dress shirt every day. And it was usually a fashion disaster.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You need a shower now?

12. jps

jps Active Member

not saying you need to impress. just don't look like a slob is what I'm sayin. jeans and sneakers is not slob, typically.

Draft saved Draft deleted