1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farrah Fawcett NOT in critical condition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Farrah Fawcett Released from Hospital

By Champ Clark

Originally posted Thursday April 09, 2009 07:15 PM EDT

With her pain subsiding, Farrah Fawcett left the hospital Thursday with longtime companion Ryan O'Neal after being treated for internal bleeding not directly related to her cancer.

"She's walking and in great in spirits and looking forward to celebrating Easter at home," her treating physician, Dr. Lawrence Piro, tells PEOPLE.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20271617,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, that's damn good news. Great.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wouldn't be so sure. "Not directly related to her cancer" sounds like docspeak for "she's not doing very well."

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I didn't read it that way. I read: We've released her so she can die at home.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Right guys. Read between the lines, people. Whenever you see a statement like that you need to look not only at what they are telling you, but at what they aren't telling you.

In this case, what do we have? She is free of pain and not bleeding.

Maybe she is fine and will get well but it's more likely it's terminal, she is on pain medication and is going home because there is nothing they can do.

Hopefully, not, but notice the statement doesn't address her cancer at all other than to say the bleeding is not related to it.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ding ding ding. I would not be surprised if she died within the next two weeks (and I certainly hope I'm wrong).

"Not directly related to her cancer" doesn't mean it's not related somehow.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

OK, guys. I get the idea.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Maybe it's for the best that she's comfortable for the time being and out of the hospital. If it really is as bad as y'all speculate, this will give her some time to get things in order, do some planning and say her goodbyes.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Let's remember that PR people make a living out of making terrible situations seem like everything's fine.

When Reagan came out of surgery after the assassination attempt, PR had him immediately asking for the day's briefing papers so he could stay up to speed on everything. Uh uh. When you're in your 70s and have just been perforated by a bullet, you're not bouncing back that quickly.

When one of the networks falsely reported that Joe DiMaggio had died, PR said Joe was watching TV at the time and had a big laugh over it. Also untrue. Joe was pretty much on life support by then.

Draft saved Draft deleted