1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Urban?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Earle's grandbaby got his freak on. McMurphy has more.

The items delivered to Smith between February and May 2015 at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center include a men’s spider enhancer thong triple c— ring, body wear CS2 metallic erotic c— strap gold and snake skin, WildmanT ball lifter red, candyman men’s jock suspenders, PetitQ open slit bikini brief and studio pro product table top photography lighting kit.

Zach Smith Ordered Sex Toys to Ohio State Offices, Had Sex With Staffer, Took Nude Photos at White House

Koffel is Smith's lawyer.

The following was the entire text exchange between Koffel and myself.

Koffel: Sounds like extortion. Thanks for the texts Brett. I’d get a lawyer if I were you.
    McMurphy: Not extortion. I’m not asking for money nor have I received any money. I’m asking for your comment to my original question: what was the purpose of taking these photos and why were the items delivered to the Woody Hayes Center? And did Urban Meyer have knowledge of any of this?
    McMurphy: As a courtesy, as you said you would extend, here are my questions: what was the purpose of taking these photos and why were the items delivered to the Woody Hayes Center? And did Urban Meyer have knowledge of any of this? Thx u
    Koffel: You know these were accessed illegally. Another felony
    McMurphy: I don’t know how they were accessed. Can you answer my questions please
    Koffel: You absolutely know or should know these were obtained without my client’s consent. If not, you do know.
    Koffel: *now
    McMurphy: What are the answers to my questions?
    Koffel: You have my answers & my advice. Tread very lightly.
    McMurphy: You didn’t answer my questions? So you have nothing further?
    Koffel: Not him except with his face. Gag gifts. The oral sex is not him.
    McMurphy: Want to double check: White House picture with his tie and wedding ring that are visible from media photos of the event is not him?
    Koffel: Nope
    McMurphy: Thx u
    Koffel: This is receiving stolen property.
    Koffel: If any one of this is published or referenced we will refer to the county prosecutor. This is a felony ORC 2913.04
    Koffel: Also you are under RC 2913.05

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's really for the best that this happened to Zach Smith now. He clearly wasn't any good at his job and he's only 34 so he has plenty of time to start a new career as a truck driver.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I really wish I hadn't clicked the link and read the story...about 85 percent of it...and all the Amazon images...seems to me a flat-out invasion of privacy/piling on.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

1) “Gag gift” is an interesting choice of words.
    2) Fabulous harassment attempt by the lawyer.
    3) I am pretty sure my former paper would have been reticent about publishing the line-item list of sex toys.
    Weigh in with how your paper would have handled.

5. LongTimeListener

I like how they did “c—- ring.” I’m sure there are some naive people who don’t know a cock ring exists and think it’s something to put around the woman’s goodies.

It’s an online publication that’s read in very large measure (upwards of 90 pct I would guess) by adults who are OK with colorful language. It’s fine.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If the lawyer is absolutely certain he received stolen property why even bother with veiled threats, bullying and telling the guy to get a lawyer. Just go get the charges filed.

7. LongTimeListener

Too efficient for a business that lives on hourly billing.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It sure wasn't a c-hampionship ring.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Maybe the dick photos were a school project for his kid? Sort of like Flat Stanley.

He just substituted One Eyed Willie in for Flat Stanley.

Man, the Game Day staffers are going to busy when the show hits the Midwest.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd go with this on cardboard.
    [​IMG]

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He had the items delivered to his workplace, which oh by the way is The Ohio State University football office, not the local Meijer. Next time he should get the stuff delivered to an Amazon locker.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. He had them delivered to his office. So what? Are any of these items illegal? No.
    Embarassing? Sure, but in no way illegal. Guy was cheating on his wife, it would make sense to deliver to the office. And i doubt the package was marked “COCK RING” on the outside.

Lady I work with has packages delivered to our office alll the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted