1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Football Advice needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Sep 22, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Someone in my league just waived LaDanian Tomlinson. Although he's not the back he once was, he's still worth having on the roster. Also just noticed that Pierre Thomas is still out there on the waiver wire in this league as well.
    Question is should I grab both of them, one of them, neither? If so, which RB(s) should I drop?
    I'm not going to drop Forte, so the others are:
    C. Williams (TB), R. Bush (NO), F. Jones (Dal), R. Rice (Balt).
    It was an autopick league as none of us could be there for a live draft.
    Zero points for receptions and zero for return yards.

Right now I'm leaning toward picking up both and dropping Williams and Bush (or Rice).

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Definitely drop Williams for Tomlinson, even if LT is in the twilight of his career. I wouldn't give up on Rice just yet. I don't trust McGahee to be as good as he was last week, although him getting lots of goal-line carries is troublesome for any Rice owners. Bush is a toss-up. If Mike Bell's injury is serious, then Thomas looks pretty good. If not, there's too much of a jumble in N.O. for any of the backs to put up big numbers.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sonuvabitch! I just dug up a year-old thread on S&N about Fantasy Football advice. Piss.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Drop Felix Jones. Williams is the starter. Felix Jones is a complimentary back. Even if Barber gets hurt, Felix Jones won't start. Tashard Choice will.

Don't worry about Thomas. Three-headed backfield. Just get LT.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

In trying to get LT I'm fourth in the waiver order. The person who's No. 1 in the waiver order is the one who waived him. So I only have to worry about two others claiming him ahead of me.

Draft saved Draft deleted