1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I need another WR on my team, well both teams actually. My top team has both Graham and Gronk and I'm leaning towards selling Graham for maybe Fitzgerald. Gronk has his bye coming up, but I also have Miller.

With my other team I was thinking selling AJ Green for a few pieces. However, Green usually gets going around this time of the year.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

John Brown, Willie Snead or Kelvin Benjamin for a WR3 start?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I got fucked by Ty Montgomery getting ruled out for a 4:25 game at around 1:30 p.m., after my other receivers (namely Brandin Cooks) got locked on the bench. I'm trailing by 2 points right now with my opponent having Jordan Matthews playing. I have Jordan Howard going tomorrow, but this one would have been over already if GB had just declared Montgomery out by 12:50 p.m.

Assholes.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If someone will trade Fitzgerald for Graham, you should share some of your prize money with him.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Jordan Matthews, with pretty much the most punchless 11-catch night I've ever seen, saved my ass.

6. bigpern23

He put me in a 6-point hole and I have Jordan Howard against that Minnesota D going tonight. Going to be sweating this one out, I think.

It sucks, too, because I would have won already if Yahoo had updated Ty Montgomery's status earlier. All week they were saying he was out of practice with an illness but it wouldn't keep him out of the game. Suddenly, at 1:38 p.m., after my roster was locked, they updated that he was out. Meanwhile, I left Cooks and his 14 points on the bench.

7. Madhavok

He needed a TE badly and this was when Graham had three good weeks. I was going to throw in another player as well. But that ship has sailed.

8. Madhavok

Some of these apps are pretty slow on updating the status of players. I've had good luck with Bleacher Report. Not sure it would have been any sooner than when Green Bay listing the inactive list.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I really like this idea, FWIW. It helps good teams that lose weeks by a point or two. Keeps everyone engaged. Great idea.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Can we get up a league of two on here (besides the No Idiots Allowed) for next year? Nothing worse than sweating out your lineup then realizing the other guy is starting RG III, two other guys on byes and has an active kicker and defense on the bench.

11. bigpern23

I might be able to fit in another league. Someone wants to handle commish duties, I'll play.

12. bigpern23

Got offered Brees and James White for Mariota and Crowder in a keeper league (we keep three guys, each one gets drafted two rounds ahead of where they were taken in 2016). I'm in 2nd place, so I'm worrying more about winning this year than keepers for next.

I'm a little thin at WR - I also have Cooks, Tyrell Williams and Allen Hurns, so Crowder would be a hit to the WR corps (and he has great matchups for the fantasy playoffs). Wondering if Brees will be a big enough improvement to justify the trade.

Draft saved Draft deleted