1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Anybody draft yet?

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm waiting to the last minute on my draft in case someone breaks Dez Bryant's jaw with a punch to the face.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Annual PSA: Don't be the dope who drafts Cam Newton.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I was all cised (word chosen because I know Reacher reads this thread) to get Kelvin Benjamin as my WR3 on Tuesday night. Motherfucker.

JackReacher likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Better than getting him at WR2. Who else ya got?

6. Big Circus

Julio and Evans, with Landry and John Brown coming later. So I'll be fine. But it sucks when I think about who else I could have gotten.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I did last year in the 8th round and ended up in my league's championship game. Not saying that I'm going to blow a high pick on him, but even with the Benjamin injury, he's perfectly fine in the 9th round or later.

I have the first pick in my league and am stumped who to take. Leaning towards Peterson but I have put the pick out there to see if anyone wants to trade up.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Got there in spite of Cam, not because of him.

At 1, I like Bell or Charles.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Of the 5 leagues I am in (two for money, 3 for fun), my biggest, most important draft is of course first. Big money league.
    10 teams, .5 PPR, we start 2 QBs
    Negative points on the normal stuff (INTs, fumbles)
    I got the No. 1 pick in a snake draft.
    So do I got safe and take a RB and then end up with 2 2nd-tier QBs and a 3rd-tier backup? Or go QB-QB-WR with my first 3 picks and have A Top 5 QB, a high 2nd-tier QB and a Top 10 WR?
    I figure if I skip RB in the first round I might as well wait til the 4th and 5thround to take my RB since it won't be much different from a 3rd-round back.
    I'm really leaning toward QB-QB-WR with the way points to top WRs are now going.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Gotta go Luck or Rodgers in a two-QB format.

spikechiquet likes this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Also, in that scenario, I'm on board with targeting WRs next. You grab Luck or Rodgers at 1, you can still get a damn good WR combo on the wraparound.

spikechiquet likes this.
  12. Big Circus

While I've never played in a 2-QB league, I think Sunshine has it right.

One question: how many WRs do you start? If it's just two (not including flex), you might be able to get away with taking just one WR at the 2-3 turn and getting your second one later. Then you can get your second QB or what should be a pretty solid RB in that format.

Draft saved Draft deleted