1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy basketball

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm truly surprised that it isn't more popular. It is my favorite fantasy sport, perhaps by a long shot. (I do enjoy baseball, as well, because of the pitching/hitting dichotomy.)

Anyone else play?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Played since 1997 -- won 7 titles in 16 years. We had one league (where you had week long head to head match-ups) blown apart when the commissioner was making roster moves for less active teams. Been in my current league since 2003. 12 teams, 8 categories. One keeper who must be originally drafted 4th round or later and you keep at a one round penalty the first year and two round additional penalty the next.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know there were leagues in the '90s in which Michael Jordan could not be drafted. I wonder if we are getting to that point with LeBron and Durant. Seems damn tough to win a league if you aren't drafting first or second.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We did this in high school, if you picked Jordan, you would be skipped in the next two rounds. If memory serves, it didn't make that much of a difference.

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Love fantasy hoops. Went back and checked my leagues from last year (5 of 'em.....embracing my geekdom). Three had Durant, one had LeBron.....four had Paul George.

6. Mizzougrad96

If someone starts a league here, I'd be in. I need a reason to care about the NBA regular season.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

The one and only time I did this, I picked Pervis Ellison as my center. Dumb ass.

8. Mizzougrad96

I was in Arco Arena booing him when the real pick was made. Of course, we all wanted them to take Stacey King. :D

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Well, at least King is able to contribute as a broadcaster. ;D

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Paul Millsap
    Milos Teodosic

For

Klay Thompson
    Thabo Sefolosha

Which side wins? Or, in other words, how good is Teodosic?

11. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

I'd say the PM/MT wins. I think Milsap will bounce back and fit really well next to Jokic. Teodosic seems like a sneaky sleeper. I think he'll put up better numbers than Beverly eventually. Klay's value took a little hit with the arrival of KD. And Theo, is he still a factor?

Draft saved Draft deleted