1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy baseball trade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pffft, Jul 12, 2011.

1. pffft

pffft Member

I just got offered Hanley Ramirez for Joey Votto, straight up. League is 10 team 5x5 roto head-to-head. Auction draft with keepers (Hanley was the most expensive player taken).

I'm in second place in my league, a decent distance ahead of third and am looking good for the playoffs. For that reason, I'm thinking I don't need to mess with anything. Votto has been pretty good for me this year, so I could just let it ride.

The team that offered is also a possible playoff team, for what it's worth.

On the other hand, Hanley is (obviously) a stud, has been heating up a little bit and could be in for a big time market correction for the second half.

He would be taking Erick Aybar's place at SS, and I would have to play Howie Kendrick at 1B unless I make another deal. The other guy already has Adrian Gonzalez at 1B and would move Alexei Ramirez to starting SS.

Really going back and forth on this one, and just looking for some thoughts.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Do you really want spnited to haunt you for all eternity?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

+1

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is a fantasy baseball running thread, but it kinda got buried.

I'd stick with Votto. Ramirez is coming around of late, but I don't trust him. Votto has been the far superior player for a while now and it's not like your other first base option is such a good one. Aybar isn't great, but he's useful.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Kendrick and Ramirez > Aybar and Votto. If this is a keeper league, it should be done as well.

6. I'd go the opposite direction. I say hold onto Votto. He's one of the best players in the National League.

7. pffft

pffft Member

Wh-hoa... some serious responses.

I ended up passing just to err on the side of caution. Who knows if Hanley will turn things around playing for the 16-games-back Marlins.

My bad for missing the running thread.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree, just because I don't like the trend with Ramirez. His edge on Votto is position, but that doesn't matter for this year because he already has a serviceable shortstop.

Draft saved Draft deleted