1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy baseball league with keepers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

93, you might want to post the keeper rules on the league site, maybe in a commissioner's note. While we could search for this post, it would be easier to have it right there on the league page.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Here are the overall rules...

1. When a player is drafted by a team, they are property of the drafting team for three seasons.
    2. A team may keep at maximum 10 players or four minimum from one season to the next.
    3. If a player is not kept, they will be sent back into the ML player pool.
    4. You may keep a player for one season and then throw him back. You are not obligated to keep them for three years.
    5. We will use rotisserie scoring. No head to head and no playoffs.
    6. If a player is claimed off of waivers and is not a rookie, they are the property of the claiming team for three seasons starting with this season.

Each team will have the rights to all of the minor league players of two franchises.

A team may never have the rights to more than two or less than two franchises.

When a player is called up to the majors, the team who has his minor league rights will have the option to own the player for the remainder of this season and three more seasons if they so choose. If they do not add this player to their roster after one week's time he will become a free agent.

Examples
    1. Colby Rasmus is called up in May to play for the Cardinals and the team with the rights to the Cardinals minor leagues will have the rights to him. If they keep him on their active roster, he is their player for another three seasons. We will have large benches for this possibility.

2. If Brian Bixler is called up in June, and the team with the rights to the Pirates does not want to use a bench spot on him, he may be picked up on the waiver wire by another team. The original team will lose all rights, and the new team has the rights to Bixler for the remainder of this season and for three more years.

3. Matt LaPorta was traded from the Brewers to the Indians. The team with the Brewers minor league system just got screwed.

4. Neil Walker is called up and a team keeps him on their roster for a portion of time, but he stinks and is released. The team that released him does not have any rights to him anymore.

5. Once a player is added to a major league roster (or added to the Yahoo waivers) they may be traded by the owning team. The inheriting team will have the same ownership rights (current season +3 more years)

Any potential problems will be dealt with by me, but if I choose to go to a league vote to rectify a dispute, that will be the final ruling. Eight votes are needed for a majority.

If the league chooses to question one of my decisions, 10 members disagreeing with my decision will overturn the decision for the good of the league.

For example, if I decide that an owner has violated rules so much that they need replaced, but 10 owners think the person should stay, then the person will stay.

*** I will add to these rules as issues arise.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

What about guys who are sent down? Say I draft Johan Santana, but he gets hurt and does a rehab start in the minors. Is he still mine, or does he go to the team with the Mets' minor league system?

4. 93Devil

He's yours unless you release him. Then if he is the Mets' minor league system when released, he is the property of the Mets' owner.

5. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

So, basically, if you draft a guy who is in the Yahoo draft system and he doesn't make the club out of ST, he's still your property as long as you're willing to waste a roster spot? I think you used the Dex Fowler case as example.

6. 93Devil

Yes, I hope I can expand the benches after the draft.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

When are we starting the Minor draft?

8. 93Devil

If someone can post the draft order (it is blocked on this computer) we can start now.

I think the draft went pretty well. You know, other than my lunk-headed drafting of Price.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I am open to ANY and ALL trades. That was awful. I was on deadline and couldn't escape it.

10. 93Devil

OK, here is the draft order for the minor league franchises.

Honey Nut, you are on the clock. Just quote this post and place your team in the (xxxxxxx xxxxxxx).

1. Honey Nut Ic... (xxxxxxx xxxxxxx)
    2.Team Zissou
    3. Springfield ...
    4. Another name...
    5. IfYouCanJorg...
    6. Hebner's Hac..
    7. Glenn Dale G...
    8.Bumpin' Utleys
    9.Ridgefield S...
    10.The Royals C...
    11.That's What ...
    12Debbie Does ...
    13.Wisconsin Jo...
    14.Sterling Silver
    15.J&E's junkba...
    16.J&E's junkba...
    17.Sterling Silver
    18.Wisconsin Jo...
    19 Debbie Does ...
    20.That's What ...
    21.The Royals C...
    22.Ridgefield S...
    23.Bumpin' Utleys
    24. Glenn Dale G...
    25. Hebner's Hac..
    26. IfYouCanJorg...
    27. Another name...
    28. Springfield ...
    29.Team Zissou
    30. Honey Nut Ic...

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Which team are you?

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

When is the minor league draft?

Also if anyone is interested in trading OF, I'm game.

Draft saved Draft deleted